When do people start counting flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by splatbunsen, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Do people start counting their flowering weeks from the time they switch or bu the time they start a flower?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 PAOLO1981, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You will get a very divided opinion on this question mate!
    Personally, i count from day of flip (12/12)
    Others count it from the 1st pistil they see on the plants - Which is usually a week or 2 after the flip date.
    Either way it doesn't matter... If you count from flip date, you will need to add a week or 2 to your flowering time.
    If you count from the 1st pistil, your plant will finish more or less by the breeders guide (9 weeks flowering).
    You will get more opinions on this no doubt.
    Good luck fella.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Here we go again..... Almost :D my very good friend Paolo has smashed it out the park with his comments nobody surely nobody can argue with his way of describing this choice its all true
    I have always counted flowering begins from 12/12 and i know other fantastic growers on here that do the exact same as me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I count flowering 1 week after light schedule change.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. From when I see pistels...take a pic and the date is documented but as Paolo says whatever works for you as long as you have a loupe to look at trichomes then it doesn't really matter unless you are a blind grower.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. When it starts flowering for me. I consider the stretch still in veg because I'm still feeding nitrogen.

If I go from when it starts flowering, my Jack takes 10-11 weeks. If I go from flip, 12-14.

Doesn't really matter. When they're done, they're done.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. That's key to this post nobody is doing it the RIGHT way everybody situation different good luck everybody :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 100% agree with all the replies.. I personally count from the day of flip (12/12) but regardless, trichomes don't lie...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. I’ll keep an eye on the tricome colors in the sometimes my weeks. There’s heaps of tricomes but they are all pretty much clear.
    So I should wait until cloudy or Amber?

11. Watch the tricomes in the coming weeks. I wrote that msg at 6am just as I woke up! Haha

12. It’s very strain dependent aswell. The left is deez nugs, virtually no kief but super oily. The right is blue diesel, it gave me sandy fingers, not so oily (still mega dank) and produced a very different product. Very neat to run the two side by side. They both dab clean as can be.
    14633438-27FB-4BBA-AD5B-F4ED17774098.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. I always start watching trichomes at 8-10 weeks. All depends on strain and how many watts ur runnin under 1000 watts add a few weeks is what I’ve found.

14. What the fuck sorry op wrong thread

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ??

16. Personally, I count from day of flip (12/12)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1