When do I use nutes? And when to water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jayisnoob, May 17, 2012.

1. I have 1 seed germinating and my pot is set up 75% fox farms ocean Forrest and 25% perlite ,

Do I water before or after I plant my germinated seed and how much?

I have grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom

Which one do I use at which time?

2. Alright man listen to me about this.... when ur seed finely pops DO NOT place it in that mix. Go get something ment for seeds. Like a seed starter.. what I mean is when seed pops go to walmart and buy some jiffy seed starter mix its $2. Fill up a 1gal pot or even a 16oz disposable cup and put the sprout in there about 1inch deep. after a month to 6weeks then trans plant into that mix. And don't use any nutes for about the 1st 2months from when the seedling breaks the top of the soil. Why do I say this? Alright its like this when ur seedling is so young its super fragile and if u put it rite into that mix the nutes that's in that soil will b to strong and more then likely kill it or at least cause a lot more proublems then u want to deal with. Same thing if u give it nutes u will burn it .
    when u do give it nutes 2weeks later roughly after putting it in ur mix give it 1tsp of bigbloom and half a tsp grow big the 1st 2 weeks when u start nutes....feed once a week to not over do it...less is more if u over do it u will set the plant back. Now once she's up and in that mix and doin well id do 1tsp bigbloom and a half tsp of tiger bloom and grow big. Feed once a week and water as needed. When there young water enough to keep soil moist. Need me to clear anymore of this up for u just message me. I use foxfarm its great for starting out

3. #3 Doc-J, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
    [quote name='"Jayisnoob"']I have 1 seed germinating and my pot is set up 75% fox farms ocean Forrest and 25% perlite ,

Do I water before or after I plant my germinated seed and how much?

I have grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom

Which one do I use at which time?[/quote]
    Water your soil lightly before putting the seed in the pot. Keep it barely damp, and decently warm.

Your seedling will most likely be fine in the fox farms mix. Some sensitive strains might have an issue, but most will be just fine. I use 80% ffof and 20% perlite. I germ in starters, then put those in the ffof the day they sprout. You can check the autos I have now, they have been in the ffof since day 1.

The nutes in the ffof may not last anywhere near two months. About three weeks seems to be the norm for me.