When do I know when my plant is done?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokey108842, Sep 28, 2005.

1. My plant hairs are mostly red and resin crystals are showing when is the plant done? Should I start drying now?

2. yes yes, havest...how long has it been in flowering? if its been 2 months the nyour good...or anywhere in that vascinity...seeing as how some flower early and some late

3. the best way is to get a 30x microscope and check trichomes i think you want 1.2 cloudy and 1/2 amber one is ore on a relaxed high and the other is energeitic dont know which ones though

4. harvesting early will give you a hyper high and harvesting on time will put you on couchlock... for most strains... correct me if im wrong...

5. I believe that is true what ^^^ said and i like that word "couchlock" mind if i use it? heheh

yn78

6. I dont know, never heard anything about early yeilding or late yielding will change the high you get from the weed, but last night I was wiping off these really foul barnicle type insect things from my plant (it was awful) and i accidently broke off one of my very bottom stems with a small bud, not very dense at all since my plant is like 2 weeks away from harvest. Anyway when I smoked it I got really really hyper for almost 3 hours, like I drank a four pack of red bulls or something. It was almost trippy. Plus, I just got prescribed pain killers so I was on them and was feeling very drowsy to begin with, very strange.

7. thats all bullshit ...all of that is about the sativa or indica strain...sativa is hyper and energetic and indca is ur "couchlock"

8. goldentoker21's got it right. I have heard a little about the crystal myth, being 1/2 amber 1/2 cloudy trichs makes for an upper high and all amber makes for the couchlock..... I say BULL! Cannabis Sativa= up cerebral high Cannabis Indica= couchlock narcotic high more body feeling.

9. if your trichomes change color they are not made up of delta-9 THC anymore. trichomes can change their properties (and they do if allowed) to 2 completely different, and unwanted chemicals: CBD and CBN. cannabinadinol is CBD, and it is the chemical that makes your eyes red, gives you the munchies, ruins your balance a little, and is the chemical commonly found in high quantities in lower grades of chronic and mids. cannabinol, or CBN, is produced as THC oxidizes or degrades. only a trace of CBN exists in fresh bud. stored and cured tops or hashish have higher levels of CBN, that has converted from THC. marijuana with high levels of CBN generally make the toker feel disoriented and often sleepy or groggy, often referred to as a stupefying high. at best CBN contains only 10 percent of the psychoactive potency of the original THC.

10. if you harvest early, it sucks.

if you harvest late, its not as bad.

dont harvest or smoke late or early weed. the early weed is worse then the late weed. but above all, its simply not worth it to smoke pre-mature bud.