When do I introduce Sun, or Light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lion, Mar 21, 2009.

1. I've planted my germinated seed in some fluffy soil in a dixie cup, and I was wondering if I just let the plant grow indoors until it's a bit taller? When do I introduce sunlight to my plant? As soon as some green is above the dirt? Thanks, Lion.

2. Bump for information!

3. put light on it when it breaks soil. you could put light on it before if you really feel the need but its not gonna do anything its dark below the soil no matter if you have the light on or not.

4. R0ad2ZiOn, that doesn't quite answer my question. Be more specific, what type of light? Sun light? LED's? I don't have much to buy any type of light. I'm just wondering if it will hinder the plant if it doesn't have much sunlight right when it breaks soil.

5. 26 W 6500k CFL's are usually the startin point for most it seems. They are cheap and will not impact your power bill too much. You can leave them out of light for a while, but they will stretch and after a while die from lack of energy production from sunlight. If your area is warm enough you could probably just put it outside in the sun for a little while till you get your light setup taken care of.

6. Ohhh, jeeez, sorry..I should have mentioned this is going to be an outdoor grow. My question is in the first week, or two, should I introduce sunlight to the plant? Or just keep it indoors until it's a bit taller, maybe 6-9 inches tall, then take it outside?

7. #7 Blaghlagh, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009

Optimally get light on it as soon as it breaks the soil, this helps prevent stretching and weak plants. So yes totally :D

Edit: If you choose to start it indoors to get it strong before you take it out that is a great idea too, regardless though, whether indoors or out, it is gonna need light asap.

8. Understandable, Thank you kindly sir.

9. No problem. If you post in the outdoor grow section they may be able to give you more info as well. Good luck!

10. You keep saying that. Your question was when do you introduce sunlight. That was answered for you.
    If you keep moaning about the answers you get, those who generously give of their time will soon get pissed off.