When do i harvest my plant?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Maxmurphy123, Apr 29, 2013.

1. I am growing a Northern Lights X Big Bud auto and i am not sure how long i have been growing for, this is one of my first grows and i am unable to tell when to harvest, help please!

Attached Files:

2. ....and an Auto too..?. Another month IMO, minimum, see no cola development as yet, though you can tell it's a female, that needs a feed, hope this is not in the ground but in a 3 gal pot, see the red, watch your night time temps

peace
    "V"

3. Thanks a lot man, heres another pic

Attached Files:

4. She looks good. Do u have a microscope or magnifying glass?
    The pistols are nice and red/orange and seem to of retracted.
    If you can look at the trichomes (crystals) you want about half to be cloudy colored and the other half to turn amber color.
    To get a good combo of heady high and couch lock high.
    Amber trichs are couch lock mostly.

But she looks pretty good as far as I can tell.
    Maybe flush her out with a lot of water and then starve her. And that should be about another week or two then its time to chop.
    You are close buddy.

Congratulations on your plant.

5. Thats the problem, i don't have a magnifying glass to check the trichomes, thanks a lot for your help!

6. #7 davidtokehead, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    post a pic of the whole cola if all pistils are orange i would say go ahead and chop her down. can you do a pic of the trichomes?

7. Heres all i can take with my camera

Attached Files:

8. yeah dude i think it might be good timing to start chopping her down, did you flush her at all?

9. No, i will start today, thanks

10. The only way to be sure she is ready is with a magnifying glass of one sort or another..

Illuminated Microscope : Microscopes | RadioShack.com

.. this works fine.. and most of the stores stock it.. around 50x power is all you need.. harvesting to early will waste all your effort to date.. like TG42 says you want very little clear.. mostly cloudy and 30% or more in amber.. that's the best bang for your efforts.. the more amber it gets the more couch lock it'll be.. if you can't get that try a search on Google for DIY microscopes.. some clever stuff can be done with household things..

11. Okay, i will search google and see what i can do, thanks for all the help!:D