When do I give up on my mother?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shock Holiday, Aug 23, 2019.

1. So ill preface my question a little bit with an explanation. Obviously I'm a new grower, I have a mother plant that was (or maybe my lack of experience was) giving me problems. It would wilt from under watering almost 4 times a week, but I would water it and it would be fine. Now it looks like it has some light burn on the canopy. Basically when has a mother plant been through enough?

2. How long have you had the plant?
    What size pot are you keeping it in?
    Do you ever treat the roots? (eg beneficial bacteria etc)
    Constant veg state?
    Your lights and feeding for it?
    Are you airing/ventilating the area?

I can't say I'll be able to jump in on everything here, but these answers will help things move along.

3. Yeah that stuff ^

I keep mothers 6 month max.

4. lol I thought this was like...somebody having a crisis of conscience at first...like cutting life support off or ditching family or some such ha.

• Like Like x 2
  5. How long have you had the plant? About 3 months
    What size pot are you keeping it in? 7 gallon fabric pots which ive rolled down to about 5 gallons.
    Do you ever treat the roots? Unfortunately not, I'll for sure look into that.
    Constant veg state? 18/6
    Your lights and feeding for it? T5s and Foxfarm basic stuff. Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom.
    Are you airing/ventilating the area? Yes I have the area being vented with exhaust fans.

6. Haha, that was on purpose, I figured it would be sorta "click bait".

7. I have kept plants vegging for several years without any problems. If you find you have to water too often then either prune it back or put it in a bigger pot