When do do I start considering the plant in flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fajilionbud, Sep 30, 2015.

1. So I just started 12/12 a few days ago and am growing from clone so I know flowering times according to distibuter. My question is: if my strain is ripe after 8 weeks do I start counting from 12/12 or do I wait until I first see pistols? Any input on this?

2. Pistils!

Ive just discovered this last week when I thought I was 8 weeks into flower, when in reality I was 7! d'oh

3. When I change timer

4. two different responses, that's funny. Anyone to break the tie?

5. Pick your fav, cause in reality they will finish when the trichs are to your liking...flowering times are just a "guide" not a def answer

6. when you flip to 12/12 you mark that on your calendar and that is when you start counting flowering. Don't really matter the strain or where the plant is at. It's strictly a human decision.
    "if my strain is ripe after 8 weeks"? You mean, if the seed vender says it is ripe after 8 weeks? No matter what the vendor says, it is not ripe until it's ripe. They may claim 8 weeks, but that is under ideal conditions. If you veg longer than ideal, you may start getting good buds sooner than the seed vender says.
    Once you pay for those seeds or clones, you and the vender are done. Then it's up to you to decide how your strain performed compared to how they said it should perform. And then you have to ask if the problem is with the strain or with the grower (because they almost always underperform what the seller claims.) But heck, it's the same way when you buy a car or laundry detergent, they are never as good as the ads claim they are.
    otherwise, they aint done until they are done. Has nothing to do with when the vender says they should be done.
    So a better question would be, "How do I know when my buds are done?"

7. lotek590 makes a good point. i think the best would be to mark your calendar when you switched to 12/12 and when its about time keep a real good eye on your buds and proceed when the time looks right..

8. I usually go a week or two past recommendation unless its a guaranteed short flowering strain like a grapefruit diesel I did was right at 8 weeks and c99 is 7-8 too.. Same with sour bubble but most strains with a lot of sativa go 9 to 10

9. Go from first sight of flowers it usually takes a week for them to transition from veg to flower then check the trichs to see when ready for harvest