When did your outdoor grow start flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by All4fun2, Aug 30, 2017.

1. When did your outdoor grow start flowering this year? And what's your latitude?

Mine started flowering on August 1 and I'm just south of Latitude 33 North. My last flowering girl popped on August 14. And now 4 weeks later it's starting to smell like Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  2. For me pretty much as soon as I put them outside. But at 18N that's how it is . Perpetual flowering. No veg time without extra light.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

3. Mine started a week ago and my sativa s are just starting ,Gonna be a good winter,

4. At 43N mine started the first week of august

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

5. Thanks! What's your lattitude? Is it normal that indica flowers before sativa strains? (Yup, I'm a relative novice, but soaking it all in.) :)

6. 42.1250850 ,inar this year it s been the case. my experierence Indicas start quicker,so f

• Like Like x 1
  7. In cali, you should start to flower mid July - August 1st.

That means you wont see budlets for another two weeks. So once you start to see budlets, minus two weeks.

Sativa's will take longer to set flowers, but the flowering time kicks in at the same time. So indica's will stack and flower faster, when Sativa's will take longer to stack flowers and will have a much more spread out structure. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks! Were you about to say something else with "so f..."? Or did a sniper pick you off at just that moment? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great info... thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. lol,my keyboards screwed up ,I was gonna add (so far this year it s been the case)..

11. Thank you... And I'm sure I speak for everyone at Grasscity when I say "We are really glad the sniper missed!".

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LMAO ,I m not lucky enough ,

13. Glad I could "entertain".

• Like Like x 1
  14. Im still a little confused as to what actually constitutes flowering. Some people say its when the first pistils start showing.If thats the case my aurora indica plants have been flowering since july 10th. Others say that when the first pistils appear it is preflowering and you should wait a week or two to start counting weeks. Still others say its when the actual "budlets" form.

15. Esteban420

If you have ever grown indoors, then you know it takes two weeks for hairs to form, which then turn to budlets, then to buds. This is triggered by lowering the hours of light from 18 to 12 hours a day. That is what triggers flower.

Outdoors, same deal. Your plant will be flowering for two weeks before any visual signs such as hairs begin to show. I can tell, cause the plant starts to stretch, but for the most part, people look for hair and budlets.

Flower starts when the daylight hours trigger the plant. If you have a plant in 18 hours of light, it will never flower. Cannabis is a photosensitive plant.

16. You raise a good point... I have been assuming the onset of flowering is when pistils first start showing at the top and tips of branches. What's your latitude Esteban?

17. 40° east central ohio.

18. Daylight hours here are 13 hours 3 minutes. Nirvana recomends a 9 to 11 week flowering period so i plan to harvest on the 24th. Being in ohio the strains i have to choose from are limited. Frost usually appears by mid october so i can only grow early flowering indica dominant strains. I use cannabis to treat my anxiety and insomnia and A.I. is great for that so i guess it works out ok.

19. Daylight hours here are 13 hours 3 minutes. Nirvana recomends a 9 to 11 week flowering period so i plan to harvest on the 24th. Being in ohio the strains i have to choose from are limited. Frost usually appears by mid october so i can only grow early flowering indica dominant strains. I use cannabis to treat my anxiety and insomnia and A.I. is great for that so i guess it works out ok.

20. Cool... that's a nice early harvest compared to here. I'm expecting the first or 2nd week in October at this end. Is growing weed legal there in Ohio?