When curing

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Beanstock, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Do you break up the big cola buds when curing. I feel as they will more damp and high risk of mold. Would you just break them up before sticking them in a jar?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Not a bad idea.

3. not too small but yes mainly i cut them off the main stalk piece by piece, ususally in pairs the buds grow.. but ive seen some grow 3 or 4 even!

4. Bean..
    I break it all down to thumb sized nuggets when it comes off the line after 2 or 3 days of drying.. Helps insure an even dry for all the material and it's a great time to hunt for mold on the big main cola that is so prone to it anyhow..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks everyone for your feed back. Today is the third day so before work I'll go see how they are and if ready will start the curing. Thanks again and keep growing

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Yup, we call it de-boning. Personally, I like to keep the bigger buds to watch peoples' jaws drop when I pull one out to smoke up. Plus I don't want my stash to get bone-dry / crumbly (another personal preference), and the main stem helps hold a bit more moisture while it slow cures in jars for a few weeks (opened daily at first).

But this method takes a bit more time and experience to not risk mold, so Brass' method is quicker, safer & simpler. And that's the way you'll see practically all dispensary displays. They want nugs that will fit in regular sized containers.