Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When cooking, do you *need* to make cannibutter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hippie Mama, Sep 13, 2009.

1. #1 Hippie Mama, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    Everything I've been reading online says you have to make cannibutter, but why? Is it just a matter of not having your food be crunchy, or does it really make a difference in the effectiveness?

What I want to do is just add some ground up pot to cookie dough. I'm making a batch of cookies, but only two (or so) of them need to be "special" cookies; the rest will be regular. Can I do that? Or do I have to make two different batches, one with the regular ingredients and one with cannibutter?

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, bummer, MadMike. Guess I'll have to make two batches then. I've baked with pot twice before (seems I do it about once a decade, lol) and it worked both times but I guess what you're saying is that it's a lot more potent if turned into cannibutter first? I was under the impression that when eating it you need about three times more than you would if smoking. Is that also the case if you use cannibutter?

2. You need cannabutter! Just throwing some bud, will only waste your bud!