When can i take my plants outside

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by boognar, Mar 2, 2010.

1. im an indoor grower and i have some extra plants that i wanna grow outside. i know its sometime in march but my question is can i take them out now? i live in south orange county, ca... let me know asap thnx:smoke:

2. What is the weather like..... I live in east Texas and already started 7 outside and th average temp has been 60 degrees during the day

3. Today:
    64F
    Current: Partly Cloudy
    Wind: W at 10 mph
    Humidity: 54%

62 | 47Wed

63 | 45Thu

62 | 42Fri

64 | 47Sat

4. Yea thats about how it is here and mine are growing I have clear tarping around them just to be safe tho, mine have also gone threw two snow storms and still are growing

5. really? the days are long enough that it wont flower? cuz i got 6 extras and their only 12, 13inches

6. mine just starting so for me i doubt they will.... ther also growing slow because its cold it took a mouth to get this big i didnt even think they would grow just wanted to try and see.. this is what i got \/

[​IMG]

going to repot in a day or two

7. The rule of thumb is after the last frost. So. Cali has had a very mild winter with almost no frost, so i'd say yes as long as you slowly harden off to the outdoors environment. However if they are seedlings be very careful as they are way more tender to cold night temps. Try placing them in protected area's if possible to slowly harden them off. I just put a Alaskan Ice plant outdoors (it was too big for my grow room) and it was pissed at me at first, but looks like it's doing fine. Took only only a few days....of course it was five feet tall!

8. #8 boognar, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
    damn i got some big girls 2. why would u do that 2 a 5ft plant :( INDOOR ALL THE WAY lol. just fukn with u, ya im just gunna keep them out and let them push through. neighbors have told me the temp is fine and hardening is unnecessary, but if i see signs of shock ill do it. thanx for that info its new 2 me mang :)

9. I live in so cal too man and i always plant by march. The days are getting longer and warmer, hopefully it stops raining so much though so we can get more sun light!

10. hah, well the other Alaskan Ice I have indoors is great! but this bitch I took outside is crazy!
    she needs the room to roam I guess, we shall see what she does.

11. i feel ya plants that big need so much room lol, and hows that strain never heard of it. bomb? hyb, in, sat? do you use c02? im tryin 2 find a super cheap tank

12. The Alaskan Ice is a new strain for me, it's a White Window and Haze genetic. The one I have indoors is doing great, it's a monster as well but I have it growing sideways..here's a link to some info on it..

Feminised Cannabis Seeds :: Alaskan Ice (Feminised) - Green House Seed Co. Amsterdam Creators of Champions Since 1985 - Design by 2IFX.com

13. damn thats some fire! thats so funny that they color coat the seeds hahah. love green house

14. very interesting... how far/what direction do you live from the Houston area? If you're anywhere close to me, i need to start mixing some soil if its time! please give some info! thanks.

15. when the white headed dandalions come up in mass its safe ..them suckers are smart lol