When Can I Start Flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nckdaman, May 21, 2010.

1. Ive been growing my plant for about a month and a half and i still see leaves coming in. Can i start into 12/12 schedule now?

2. Simple answer: Yes.

You can grow 12/12 from seed if you were so inclined (some strains are better suited for this grow method than others).

What are the dimensions of your grow space? What kind of light(s)? Got some pics? :)

3. i have a tiny grow box about (guesstimate) 3 feet high and 28 watt cfl's.
    [​IMG]

4. Looks like it's about 5.5 inches tall? What size container is it in?

5. thats what i said 3 foot high container

6. Sorry, I meant what size pot is it in?

7. i think he meant what size pot is the plant in

EDIT:haha my stoned ass took too long, you beat me to it

8. Oh, im really not sure. Maybe 9 inches by 6.

9. Also, some of my leave are dying because of a lighting incident but the rest of the plant is fine. Should i wait for it to heal?

10. Based on pic I'm gonna assume plant is 5.5 inches tall in a half-gal container. The size of your plant's container will be a contributing factor on the overall height of your plant. If it were me, I would begin to LST it now and start 12/12 in about 2 weeks. But, there's no reason you can't start to flower right now. :smoke:

11. The leaves won't heal, they'll either get worse or stay the same. It happens, don't worry about it. I've got a few plants with a burnt circle pattern on the leaves from cfl burn lol :rolleyes:

12. The pic is actually about 2 weeks old anyways. I think ill start it today. My plant grew weird and its lower stem is thinner than the upper stem. Should i be worried about the stem breaking? By the way, thanks for all the help man!

13. That does sound weird. I would run a stake right along next to the main stem into the soil for added support, just in case.

14. Thanks man!

15. Yeah, right now, I have the same thing where the top stem is fatter than the bottom, but it'll eventually fill in.