when can I put seedlings under 600w

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by millhouse86, Mar 16, 2012.

1. G day all how's it goin, Reet iv got a question, this iz me first grow, I've got some double berry seeds and have germinated and now bout 3 inch tall with 2 sweated leaves, when can i place them in tent under 600w light

2. P.s the stems are really slim n dangly iz tht normal

3. Given that heat is under control there isnt any reason not to start them under the 600. Your stems are small and "dangly" because your plants are stretching due to lack of light.

4. Ah right well I do need to set the heat in tent az it gets to 79f, and I will lower the light too, the light iv been using is actually an Exo tera 50w sun glo reptile light

5. yeah get the 600 on and if they have streached to much repot them with more of the stem covered it will give u more room and roots for later on

6. I thought that but Iv also been told to wait till there's a min of five Serated leaves, so far iv only got two and they've been potted for two week, how far away from the light should I pit them I have a 600w ballast sun glow

7. #8 Doc-J, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    [quote name='"millhouse86"']I thought that but Iv also been told to wait till there's a min of five Serated leaves, so far iv only got two and they've been potted for two week, how far away from the light should I pit them I have a 600w ballast sun glow[/quote]

Youve only got two sets because you dont have enough light most likely. At two weeks under good conditions you should already have some nice sized plants with several leaf sets.

I would start about 24" and work down a few inches every day. With good growth you should be able to get them down to growing hieght within a few days.

You will find a lot if people that say to wait two weeks, or until so many leafs but in my opinion there isnt any reason to waste veg time. Nature doesnt start plants under low light, why should we? Now, if your cooling system is sub par it is a different story as heat will kill them quickly. Measure temps at the canopy, and keep them under 85.

8. Hi joker865, thank you for your advice, I've got the heat to 88 and still trying to lower it, when should i start nutes

9. [quote name='"millhouse86"']when should i start nutes[/quote]

Bout 3 week is the usual. Start at 1/4 strength and work up from there

10. Ok brilliant thank you :)

11. Just gon n checked on em they were fed last night and looking much better today and got heat down to 80 :)

12. [quote name='"millhouse86"']Just gon n checked on em they were fed last night and looking much better today and got heat down to 80 :)[/quote]

Awesome, after a day or so they should really start to take off. They will veg quick under the good conditions with the 600w.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I hope so only thing iz they look like there going yellow, do u know why this could b

14. changing lite also changes whats reflected. move plant away from lite and see its true color. put it back under the lite of course.