When can I grow outside?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by johnjohn, Apr 25, 2010.

1. So, i am planning on growing outside this year and need to know when can I bring the plants outside, here are some noob questions:

1. does frost mean below 40F?

2. my plants will be in their own pots so why do I care about frost, is it because the plant can be damaged by just living in 40F or frost conditions?

3. Sunrise currently is at 5:30 and sunset at 7:30, meaning the plants would get 14, maybe 14.5 hours of sunlight a day, isn't that a bit too low for veg?

currently my temps for next 10 days are like 45-55 low and 60-70 high, is it time to start?

2. 1. Frost occurs around 36F but i always brought them inside if cooler than 40F.
    2. Frost is just too cold plants cant handle that cold of weather.
    3. My outdoor plants got between 6-10 hours a day and were only a bit stressed but came out fine.

3. thanks for the reply man... so:

1. if your plant got 6-10 hours, wouldn't it automatically flower not veg?

2. how cold can it be to bring plants outside, what is the lowest that you have grown in?

4. Put them out when 55 is low night time temps may 1 to may 15 upon where you live and unless you have a plant with auto-flowering traits or sensitive to low light levels you should be ok. Most of mine veg indoors for 40-60 days at 24 hour light 600 watt then go outdoors around may 10 then they veg outdoor from may 10 to about July 25 then they start to flower. I have had two plants in the last couple years that have flowered when I put them out in may and finished in August but that was freak.:)

5. Now is a good time.

6. I've got sprouts under CFLs until the weather is nicer, but am i really 40 days behind you at this point??

7. It's been the warmest April on record where I live in Illinois.