When can I force a plant to flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mid man, Mar 17, 2015.

1. So I germinated a few seeds from some bagseed I had and planted one of the seeds in a small cup. I don't really plan on doing a serious grow, I'm just dicking around seeing if the bagseed would grow. 

Anyway, if I let it grow for like 1-2 months can I force it to flower? 

2. you can't

it'll flower when it's ready as long as the light schedule is 12/12

you can choose to veg longer, but would need some real lamps and equipment for that

Most plants start to flower within 3 weeks of flipping to a 12/12 light schedule. If the plant is not mature enough, it might take a bit longer. Vegging for 1-2 months is a good amount of time before flipping to 12/12.

What sort of lighting and setup do you have?

Yes you can, but to do that you need to give the plant 12 hours of complete and unbroken darkness every day. This involves having a light prove growing area with your grow lights on a timer 

5. #5 Mid man, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    I don't that's the thing. I'm just using the light under my desk. This is kind of a troll grow. But if I could get anything out of it that would be cool too. I just can't grow a full blown cannabis plant with my current living arrangement

Next year though I will be at a new apartment complex, hopefully they are a little bit more private. 

6. There is no harvesting a half blown pot plant. Any success still requires lighting, airflow, nutrients, and controlled light cycles. If done worth a damn they also all smell like pot. It sounds like you would really be better off waiting.

I think you need to decide what you are actually trying to achieve so you have something to work to. If you want bud then you have to put the effort in. I'm not sure what you mean by a full blown cannabis plant. Do you mean one that has bud? If you don't want bud then what's the point? If you do want bud then you need some basic equipment to achieve that. And bud stinks, really stinks so if that's an issue then you may need to re-evaluate the plan 

8. what I mean by full grown is a 1-3 foot tall plant. Would having 1-2 flowers been a problem with smell?

9. #9 GoldGrower, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015

To get any bud at all you need to have a completely light proof grow area so you can give the plant 12 hours of complete and uninterrupted darkness per day. 

That's how you flower, so if you aren't willing to set that up then you won't get any flowering at all and the plant will stay in its vegging state.

If you bought some automatic flowering seeds you wouldn't "need" to worry about giving it any darkness.

But you will still need to give it a light otherwise it's going to stretch up and topple over. If you have an auto in a 1 square-foot area with a few 20w CFLs above it, you may get a few grams at the end 

*You will need to use a fan otherwise the plant won't be able to transpire properly.
    *You will need to buy nutrients otherwise the plant will run out, stop growing, and then die.
    *You will need to buy some suitable soil with a third of the final mix being perlite so the roots can receive oxygen otherwise it will become sick and die.