When are you starting flowering nutes.

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by masterlights, Feb 17, 2012.

1. I few high times back i read in there one of these top ten successful tips was to actually start the flowering nutes when you start seeing the first flowers begin to form(1.5-2wk).

Ive always started my flower bottles almost right away as soon as they went in to flower..except with this last go around i started the flowering nutes at the end of the first week about and had good results.

Just wondering what ya ll do.

Btw i noticed on the technaflora bottles i got that the only diff between the grow/bloom is the bloom has 1 number higher in P and K and uses the same exact ingrediants and has all the same guarenteed analysis just with some of the numbers a hair off.

2. My nutrient profile is constantly twisting and shifting but I do change my ratios quite a bit with the start of 12/12.

I drop Nitrogen and Calcium levels by ~30%. I double the amount of Phosphorus and Magnesium. I increase Potassium by as much as I can without driving the EC up past 1.2.

My transitional calculated ppm's look something like this (+/- 10ppm):

N - 120ppm
    P - 50ppm
    K - 180ppm
    Ca - 90ppm
    Mg - 50ppm

At each feeding I wind up decreasing the Nitrogen and Calcium, and increasing the Phosphorus, Potassium, and Magnesium. At the peak of flowering the levels look more like:

N - 80ppm
    P - 80ppm
    K - 240ppm
    Ca - 60ppm
    Mg - 80ppm

These levels are totally approximate and really only apply to my own nutrient solution. They are the bare minimum of what is promised in my nutrient bottles and there will inevitably be variation between my nutes and your nutes. These numbers are what I consider to be snap shots of moments through an ever changing nutrient system.

One thing I have found to be important, whether you are switching to bloom nutrients or not, is to decrease the EC of the nutrient solution at 12/12 from where it was at the peak of vegetative growth. I find that less Calcium and more Magnesium seems to help a healthy transition to flowering.

3. fuck high times lol.

take whatever SCMC tells you and copy and paste it somewhere for future reference. he knows his shit.

this is how i personally run my ladies.....

my veg plants get ionic grow, humbolt flavorful, age old organics kelp and bio-root.

when they go to the flower room, from day 1 they get maxibloom @ 1tsp/gal, floralicious + @ .5ml/gal, liquid koolbloom @ 2.5ml/gal and S.O.S. @ 10ml/gal

just my 2cents

4. I def know scmc knows his shit bc everytime i put up a thread you tell me that lol

I just took cal mag off my shelf bc im using sul po mag and gypsum as a coco ammendment now which is hella nice.i also add a small amount of epsom in flower.I also just picked up a bottle of biomarine from gen org. bc i ran out of my bc boost.

Tothehead how do you like that SOS product..i used it a while back for a little bit but stopped after i got some great white.

5. i love the stuff. keeps my roots looking spectacular. 10ml/gal

6. I am going to have to look into this S.O.S. I am a big fan of anything that helps grow big root systems.

7. If that stuff does what it says, it would be very beneficial I think.

8. Yea SOS is a great product for your root system.At the hydro shop when it first came out everyone was psycked about it.They said it blows the hygrozyme out of the water.

Great White/SOS/BioRoot sounds like a insane root powerhouse.