Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When Are You Considered a Seasoned Toker?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Liquidtruth, Feb 28, 2007.

1. So, a simple question. For how long do you have to smoke until you're considered a seasoned toker? Is it even a measure of time, or is it an amount you smoke? What qualifies someone as a seasoned toker?

Okay... Maybe not a "simple question", but uh... Yeah. I'm curious.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I did do a search, however!

2. "The first rule of being a seasoned toker is - you do not talk about being a seasoned toker."

j/k.

People often mature faster than others so I think time smoking isnt an accurate measure. I think being a seasoned toker goes beyond the just being high you get, its more what you do with it.. Anyone can get high and sit @ home and do nothing like the stereotype describes us as, but we need to prove wrong that people still can function. It does more than just make people lazy... IE: brings people together, artistic uses, as well as medicinal....

For the past 5 years I've taken not one medication(other than those given to me in the hosiptal, pain medication was definetly needed) other than just smoking. No advil, bayer, vicodin or any of that crud. Seems to have work thus far...

**EDIT: Mr. Mj, i am 21 and have been smoking for 13 years(in March), I still don't consider myself a Seasoned Toker, but my mom and dad have been smoking for as long as I have been born, if not a bit longer. I would consider them seasoned, but before I started hooking them up they were only smoking mids.

3. ...I'm curious to see what other folks have to say. I'm 26 - been smoking for ten years or so. I'd consider myself to be a "seasoned toker," but I know folks who've smoked as long as I have, and they'll still smoke the cheapest crap they can get their hands on... Then you have guys like my dad who've been smoking for 40 years, won't touch anything but the top-shelf bud - and can always tell you about some crazy weed that went extinct before I was even born. To someone like that, I'm just a pup.

4. I think the measure of a seasoned stoner has more to do with actual knowledge mixed with first hand experience, the more you have to offer a fellow stoner, the more seasoned you become.

5. Seasoned tokers appreciate Mary Jane to the fullest. They use proper smoking Etquitte all of the time. They also know all the terms, slang and jargon of anything related to Mary Jane. They also have seen or experienced alot over their time of smoking Mary Jane and are all noble tokers alike. They know how to savour the herb and enjoy every hit of it.

Stoners, potheads often get weed just to get high and have a good time. They often will make crude smoking devices out of things unhealthy just to get them high (this one guy i knew poked holes in a pop can, loaded up some weed and smoked all the Pepsi cant paint and aluminum and god knows what else, sure he was high, but it couldn't be healthy). They dont care what they are smoking, as long as it gets them high. They are the ones that ruin it for the rest of us, and often are dumb and get arrested and give mary jane the wrong name.

maybe i am making strong accusations but thats how i see it

6. Anyone who can answer just about any question in the Recreational Users forum. A really simple way to tell. Maybe not 100% accurate. I mean, there's a lot more aspects. But on a basic level. If you spend a lot more time answering questions than asking them you're seasoned. You know? That's what I think at least.

7. whenever an already seasoned toker says so...

peer aproval... lol

8. When you know all the facts about weed and smoking/being high is second nature. Also you should smoke the best shit you can get your hands on.

9. When you can demonstrate that you know what you are on about, and what you are buying.

10. looking back upon myself (been smoking for about 4 years, growing for 1.5) i think i am just becoming a seasoned toker. i wont touch mids, can tell the difference between good and shit bud by just smoking 1 hit, am high more than not high but still function very well when i am high and ppl cant tell, except by my eyes.

11. I am 29 years old and i have been smoking for 12 years AND I HAVE SEEN IT ALL. I have smoked the dankest shit on earth and i have smoked some bullshit that i wouldent give to my worse enemy. So when you are comfortable and you know what you are doing and what is going on in the world then you are a seasoned toker...But it doesent matter how long, or how many joints you have smoked, its all about the experience and the lifestyle that matters the most.:smoking:

12. ^^^^
    HAHAHA i love the edit reason...

Id consider myself a seasoned toker and heres why...i dont have seniority as far as years go because ive only been smoking for 2, BUT i have acceled in every form of cannibis culture, with my extreme knowledge of the glas industry, Artists, every name and style of custom peice, own 2 custom Roors, 4 HEADIE bubs, make my own hash and kif.
    I can also anwser every question and tell dank from mids, so if one can accomplish this then he is a seasoned toker.

13. your a seasoned toker, when you cant remember how many seasons youve been a smoker

14. Nicely put.

15. lol, wtf? :confused:

That guy is NOT a seasoned Toker... :D

16. seasoned to me just means your not a newb anymore. nothing wrong with being a newb, but it's just the next level. you've made a decision to be a "toker". you're not experimenting anymore, you know what you are doing, you know what to expect. not even necessarily a regular smoker, but someone that knows they will be smoking for a long time to come.

17. shalom is correct, scripter is NOT a seasoned toker, haha
    and yea, if you gotta ask, you aint a seasoned veteran.

18. i consider my self a seasoned toker at age 17. I have only been smoking for a year but from the start it went from smoking once or twice a month to maybe once evry weeknd to smoking 56 days in a row. A seasoned toker is one who can prove that the stereo typical is all wrong and that the only thing us pot smokers do is smoke and lay around all day and get into trouble. I for one have smoked before many high school football games in which i start at linebacker. Also a seasoned toker is one who respects the bud and knows their shit. They can tell whether their being ripped off just by looking at a sac. Also all seaasoned tokers obey the quality over quantity rule.

19. i'd say your seasoned toker when you know the 'ropes' on most of the culture and methods on consumption and have seen more than 2 april 20th's. after the seasoned there is legend, thats like 10 years running or some shit.

edit: im on year 7.

20. im the seasoned toker with all my friends that i smoke with(50+)...they always be callin me askin questions on this and that. How to clean their pieces with household stuff, make brownies, and since i have s rather larger collection of pieces they like to come over and try them all out to see what hits them the best....so according to them im as seasoned as they come but as a whole(vs. all the other potheads out there) i dont stand a chance.

oh and ive been smokin going on almost 7 years solid