When And How To Fertilize My Plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bruhheybruh, Jul 1, 2014.

1. I've tried to find something that would teach me how to fertilize my plants but I'm really confused. 
    I have a few questions:
    What supplies do i need to fertilize?
    How much should i fertilize and how often?

2. Go to the hydro store and ask for nutrients. If you dont have a hydro store go to your plants center and ask for nutrients there. If all you can get is miracle grow get a 20-20-20 and mix it at 1/4 th the strength it says to. Its strong stuff.

3. Alright thanks.  Does it matter how big my plant is and how much soil is in the pot?  I'm just scared that i'll over feed it, and i want to try to make my first grow amazing (or at least try haha).

4. #4 jonny.blaze/420, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    Depends on what your medium is and how big the pots are and how old the plant is. Post some details and people will try to help.

Pics work best for letting us see how your plant is doing but make sure to remove the geo tag if you use a cell phone camera.

5. it really depends on your furt to be honest. I don't know where you live and I don't know what you can access. but I know id try to get something other then mg. it can be a very hard furt to deal with. id mix very light and stay very light. as for pot size it don't matter, just worry about your mix. and wait tell your plants ask for food. if you start to see you leaves turn yellow ad a little furt to feed her then feed her once a week with your light dose

6. #6 bruhheybruh, Jul 2, 2014
    I'm going to be moving it to a 5 gallon pot in two days.  It's two weeks old right now.
    Here is a picture from yesterday:

7. Can you please simply the terms haha.  Still a newbie and i tend to get confused with the terms.
    When i put the seedling in i used this mix that said it had fertilizer in it, but it's been two weeks and i would think it's been used up now.

8. #8 jonny.blaze/420, Jul 2, 2014
    It is hard to tell from that pic and it is very important what your soil is and whether it is amended or pre fertilized. I use a water only soil-less mix that if you fed nutes you would definitely get toxicity. I get mild nute burn every now and then even without feeding depending upon strain sensitivity. Also some strains of autos are very nute sensitive and don't require any feeding until well into flowering.

If your soil is pre-fertilized you shouldn't have to feed for at least a month into the plants life. When you transplant you will be providing more nutes through the additional soil.

The little round leaves that have started to yellow on your plant are called cotyledons and are seed leaves. When they start to yellow and fall off the plant has used all the energy that was in the seed and is beginning to pull nutes from the soil. When you very bottom most leaves start to yellow slowly and fall off that is the sign to begin feeding.

9. Thanks!  Lots of good info that will come into handy.

I will post another picture...What would be a better angle?

10. #11 bruhheybruh, Jul 2, 2014
    Here are two pictures from the top(the blurry one is from tonight):
    (deleted)

11. Looking good... You may want to think about some LST to get more branching... looks like you have a pheno that wants to Christmas tree

12. Thanks!  I hope all goes well im planting 3 more plants in about 5-7 days.  Do you think i can still get a good yield from the new ones?  They would be in the veg phase for about 8-9 weeks after they pop where i live.
    Btw is this a good guide for LTS? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtbYCVivYL0
    You really are helping a lot!  Thanks again!

13. So this guys method isn't the one I would choose. He has the basic concept but I wouldn't use tape to keep her over. When they are that small you really don't have to worry about snapping the stem, your main concern is uprooting. I prefer to stick thumbtacks into the lip of my pot and then use fuzzy wire ties you get from the craft section at Walmart. They are super soft pipe cleaner looking things and 100 cost like less than 3$ and you can reuse them. Plus they are more effective. I leave mine in place the whole grow.

I curve the tip of one of the ties into a shepherds hook then hook it around the main stem about 2 nodes from the top. twist the tip of the tie around the tie to form a loop through which the stem is going. Then if they are younger plants like his. I put 2 fingers at the base of the plant one on each side and then gently pull the branch over as far as it will let me and wrap the other end around one of the push pin thumbtacks. A few days later all the underbrush has grown to the same level as the top.

14. Sounds good!  Thanks for the help!