When am i going to be able 2 determine sex????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mikeschill56, Feb 12, 2013.

1. About a week into flowering and no signs of gender?????? I was running a 18 hour ON 6 OFF schedule. Now I'm running 12/12. Not sure if I'm screwing something up or not? Plants are very healthy and I topped them twice already so its not about them being unhealthy. Maybe I have to wait a few more days?:(

2. Soon its hard to put an exact date on something like that. You are using a light source in the 2700k range?

3. using 150 watt HPS in a 2'x3' space. Guy at hydro store said it was plenty of light so I'm not sure. Maybe its just the strain?

4. Maybe you are seeing sex. A lot of people are so mind set on seeing tons of little hair that they miss the fact that they are looking at a male plant. Any pics of this plant

5. they are "Sleeping" right now so I don't want to disturb the light cycle otherwise I would have posted some pics. The thing is I haven't seen any signs on any of them and I wold be devastated to find that all 6 are male. so I'll have to take a closer look and wait a few more days. If there are any females, how long until they are in danger of being pollinated by any potential males???:confused:

6. The males will generally show sex before the female. Get them out of there, carefully. Don't worry how long, when you see signs of a male remove it. I know a lot of people who cover them in a garbage bag, before removing them. Last thing you want is pollen floating around.