Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

wheezing after smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by probenit94, Jan 10, 2010.

1. hi i am a daily smoker. when ever i get a chance i am hitting the pipe. but not it seems like i am having a hard time breathing after i smoke and start to wheeze. i know it doesnt sound good but i cant stop smoking. just wondering if anybody else has this problem. and this is weird when i break up weed and than i touch like my face or my arm to itch or anything i break out in hives. what do u guys think.:confused:

2. Do you have asthma?

3. Might be asthma, try smoking a bowl and see what happens.

4. Get a vaporizer, and dont touch your buds, use tools to handle them and cut it up evenly with small scissors.

5. It's all about how it's smoked, and how clean you smoke it. Resy bowls, dusty bowls, dirty grinders/bags/boxes, and like Diesel mentioned, use clean tools to hold and pack your weed.

Vaping gets alot of the shit you don't want in your lungs out of the "smoke".

6. Also I noticed you said you smoked out of pipes. If you can not afford a vaporizer (they can be quite expensive sometimes) then try using a bong. I can use pipes no problem, its actually what I first smoked out of and I have astmah, I can't smoke joints/blunts cause they irritate my breathing, but I can toke out of a bong all night long. You might just have a problem with pipes they are pretty harsh.

7. Not an apprentice by any means, rather a longtime pipe smoker. Slight history of asthma, but it rarely got in the way of my puffing, and smoking a pipe almost never bothered my lungs. Bongs worked fine too, but I bought a Purple Daze vape a while ago, and every time I use it I get the wheezies bad. Weird cuz it's supposed to work the other way around. I'd like to vape for the health bennies, but not with a side effect like that. Any ideas?

8. #8 hamstereater, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    i have this too. i smoke as often as i can within reason, but probably should take it down a notch. but it happened after i went without pot for a week or so, so i figured it is just phlegm. 

whenever i smoke after not smoking for a while, i have a 1-2 day cough to get rid of the phlegm which i have read is some type of little hairs in your throat that smoking kills. hoping thats what this is. 

ps i have been smoking out of a bong

EDIT: 
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/734102-getting-rid-phlegm-after-recently-smoking.html

9. you bud may still be wet. when you smoke your smoking water so it can cause weezing. try trying your bud until it crumbles, then try smoking again.

i hack out a lot of mucus as well, each time i feel healther. the amount that came out should not be in a human being.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clean your pipe. I have asthma and had been hitting the pipe everyday, and lately it had started bugging my asthma more, i cleaned my pipe and it made a noticeable difference.

11. A lot of people have mild asthma that never needs treatment because it never comes up until they are triggered, from high altitudes, heavy exercise, stress or smoking! Lots of things. I have mild asthma. I have an inhaler. I rarely use it, but it does help sometimes. Just go to the doctor and describe your symptoms ( you can say you started smoking cigs) and they'll give you an inhaler. It's relatively easy to get one. Use it before or after smoking! :)

12. I AM GOING TO SAVE EVERYONE'S LUNGS with the advice I am about drop on you. I am a long time blazer and had very bad wheezing. I purchased a Mabis Personal Steam Inhaler on Amazon for about $40 and it cleared up the wheezing after the first use. The second time I used it I put peppermint essential oil in the container it tells you to and I have been able to sleep at night without hearing wheezing. Good luck