Whats your view on global warming

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by nathank71, Jan 11, 2011.

1. I was just watching the colbert report and some scientist complaning about how are grand kids are gonna be screwed.....I was just wondering what everyone thought about it:confused:

2. Humans have an affect on it but not to the extent they're trying to make us believe. People are just trying to use all the 'eco/green' shit to profit and pass legislation. I believe the earth is just going through one of its cycles(ice ages, temperature change, etc.).

3. You don't have to be a scientist. Pumping gases into our atmosphere will obviously thicken it. When this happens, the sun's heat remains trapped inside. It's just common sense.

Yes, these warming and cooling periods happen naturally, but our automoblies, airplanes, Nascar and factories have speeded up this warming process exponentially.

I am an enviromentalist. The reason I am earth friendly has nothing to do with money. It has do with preserving areas of nature that future generations may enjoy. We can't stop global warming, but we can slow it down considerably, and maybe in the future, we could find a way to reduce the harmful affect us humans have had on this planet.

4. #6 1badbruce, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011

Global warming was nothing more than a scam by the United Nations to redistribute wealth to Africa & the poorer nations of the world. The director of the UN admitted this several weeks ago.
    Obama was using global warming to push his cap & trade scheme which was nothing more than a way to hit Americans with more taxes.
    When Al Gore ran for VP in 2002 it was estimated that he was worth between 2 & 4 million. Because of his green aganda & promoting these green companies his worth was estimated between 100 & 200 million last year.
    It's all about the money & nothing else at this point. Green technoogy at this point in time is not cost effective. Maybe in 20 or 30 years if they keep developing it.
    Google the Baken Reserve. It's an oil deposit in the upper eastern US that extends into Canada & has enough oil to last America for the next 100 years. The politicans wont allow the oil companies to develop the feild because they're terrified of what the environmentalists will do to them at election time.

Finally google this: SPECIAL REPORT: More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims - Challenge UN IPCC & Gore | Climate Depot
    Speaks for itself.

and Google this:
    Global Warming. A chilling perspective:
    http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html
    Speaks for itself.
    Cheers,
    bruce

5. It is the gov interest to exploit the citizens to pay up more phony taxes. Ever heard, carbon taxes? yea, thats what they're trying convince citizens to believe it. There is no such thing as global warming. Earth warms up and cools down like always. BIG FUCKING DEAL!

Stop listening what the gov says.

6. i think its a government money grab. the gradual warming of the earth has been happening since the beginning of the earth. we may be speeding it up slightly but the government is just blowing it out of proportion to get money. like paying off your carbon footprint. thats just plain retarded

7. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The guy who founded the weather channel came out and said it's the greatest scam in history...I'm personally saying that I think it does exist but it is blown way put of proportion.. All I'm saying is there's big
    Money to made out of all this "green" stuff

8. I believe global warming IS happening but it IS NOT as bad as the media has made it out to be, but i do believe in taking care of the earth.

Years ago very few people were aware and put in an effort to "go green" and now people may buy reusable grocery bags and drive hybrid cars but they still don't know how to properly recycle, they still leave all the lights on in their house, etc... The whole "green" thing has become a fad, and a very lame one.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwiAUQ7EpqE]Conscious Reggae: Niyorah - Globe All Warning[/ame]

10. global warming does exist because we have already caused it. 10,000 years ago agriculture was developed, 10,000 a minor ice age was stopped.

11. Hi hippielama,
    Global warming does exist, so does global cooling. The weather runs in cycles. Look at the temp chart for the last 1000 years.
    [​IMG] They're mini cycles like shown on the chart, small cycles, super cycles lasting hundreds of thousands of years. This is the way mother earth renews herself.But the global warming BS of the past 10 years was politically motivated & dollar motivated.They're literally hundreds of government agency's & public corperations worldwide employing hundreds of thousands of people taking in countless hundreds of billions of dollars in taxes/donations etc. worldwide.Do you know what would happen if the environment stopped being an issue tomorrow?All of these people would be out of work and that ain't gonna happen. Too much money at stake.First link is all about weather cycles Global Warming:A Chilling PerspectiveSecond link is a list of environmental organizations worldwide List of environmental organizations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaCheers my friend,bruce

12. even if we're not causing it we should prevent it.

13. Quote “Please remain calm: The Earth will heal itself -- Climate is beyond our power to control...Earth doesn't care about governments or their legislation. You can't find much actual global warming in present-day weather observations. Climate change is a matter of geologic time, something that the earth routinely does on its own without asking anyone's permission or explaining itself.” -- Nobel Prize-Winning Stanford University Physicist Dr. Robert B. Laughlin, who won the Nobel Prize for physics in 1998, and was formerly a research scientist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

14. so pollution is ok then.

15. World heats up, world cools down. Sure some of it might be caused by humans, some might not. I believe it is happening but not to the extent were lead to believe nor do I think all of it is caused by humans as were lead to believe.

16. Have you realized that cow gas produce more CO2 than humans. Volcanoes produce billion times more than human.

get off your high horse.

17. Oh come on you can do better than that. The thread topic is ^^^
    Cheers,
    bruce