Whats Your Stance

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by kinetic being, Feb 13, 2009.

1. So again, is it possible to surrender 100%? You say in your own words that it is not. I am saying it is inescapable, and it affects you, therefore hate influences us all. Surrendering 100% is an unreachable goal, because humans are not perfect. But how we act in this un-perfect mold is what defines us. The key is to be aware of hate, and to not let it consume you.

2. i hate you

3. Just because humans are not perfect does not mean that they are not capable of surrendering.

You cannot split the act of surrendering up into fractions or percents.
    It is a whole, therefore you either accept it fully or deny it fully.

Once one is content with all the content that makes up the external, hate ceases to exist.
    That is surrendering to the flow of life, just allowing it to be as it is.

4. I hate slightly more than I love.

I try to be positive- I really do, but I go through stages of only brief optimism because when I turn on the tv or listen to people I get really discouraged really quickly. I also go through cycles of caring and not caring about whether this matters.

5. #25 bkadoctaj, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    The TV isn't you. The TV becomes you.

What if everyone was discouraged that other people didn't want to be less superficial and unsympathetically "objective"? Like no one would make the first move to be a little more upfront.

6. YEM must know something I don't... like secret to life... or where to get really good weed. :D

7. For me love comes naturally, and I definitely love much more than I hate.

In fact I love the things that I hate, but it's not possible for me to hate the things that I love...

8. I used to hate, all the time. 100% misanthropy. I hated people for being so stupid, I hated the world for being unfair. But then I realized, yeah, people are stupid, but it's not their fault. And I'm no better than them, because I am them, and we are us.

So now I love, because it feels right, because 'we' is 'me', and everything is the way it is, and can only be changed collectively. The point of being human is to understand being human, and once you understand, there's no need for hate.

9. Just listen to Lizards on Live 9 ;)

10. I love more than I hate.

Honestly I really try not to hate, because ultimately, when you hate another person, you end up hating yourself. And that's never good.

Whenever I end up feeling ill about another person, ultimately it reminds me of all the negative character traits that I have manifested at one point or another in my life. And I don't see how that is in any way beneficial.

The key, in my opinion, is to recognize that we're all in this together. E Pluberis Unum, out of many we are ONE! This is crucial. If you're goin around hatin all the time you're only doing damage to the larger community and human family, essentially retarding the progress of our species.

When we love one another and work together, we begin to see the good things in other people reflected back at us, and begin to see the good within ourselves, which makes us happy, which makes us want to love more, which makes us see the good, which makes us want to love more et cetera. It's a cycle of love and if humanity could jump onto that and transfer out of the cycles of hate (which IMO we are presently doing and are doing a Damn good job, there's still work to be done though) this world would be more badass and amazing than many of us can imagine.

Utopia is possible if you want it.

11. Glad to see most of us are full of looooooove here! :) If there is an ultimate purpose to our existence (which I truly believe there is), I feel that it must be to learn and to love.

12. We only live to learn to love.

13. #33 kinetic being, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    I'm very happy (and proud) with the over-half of the voters voting that they love more than they hate. (almost 2/3)

It gives me that much more hope for humanity...

I was going to quote a post here, and say how good it was, but there's so many great posts in this thread. :)

I love it.