What's your religion?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Gator, Oct 11, 2007.

1. I truly believe that is possible to walk with G-d in this realm. Abraham, Moses, Noah, and countless others did it. Why can't we? I am currently trying to align myself with their teachings.

I am considering full conversion to orthodox Judaism but for now I am what the Jews call a Righteous Gentile.

DC

2. #82 iNate, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
    I was born and raised going to church but also never really felt like I truly fit in there. Don't get me wrong, being raised in church has instilled values in me and I believe its the reason I'm the person I am today, but I deffinitely do not agree about a lot there overly conservative views towards subjects. On the other hand, I KNOW there is a God/Satan/Demons/Angels and that stuff, its just something theres no getting around. Even though I'm not a devout christian and wouldnt call myself a true christian I know that the higher power behind christianity is for real...

3. #83 IMME, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    this site is gay

4. No it's not for i am God.

Oh my me.

5. That is your belief my friend and I respect that. Although I hold that my opinion is unconventional I still hold it as a possibility.

I am not saying that I could walk down the street with God and talk with him in that way (Oh if only it was Almighty G-d's will)

But I do believe it possible to have an extra intimate connection with G-d akin to walking down the street with Him.

I believe that our brain (soul) is like a radio and everything on the earth (and in the spiritual realm) are like radio stations.

Since we are here on Earth the Earth Stations are much stronger but since we originated in spiritual realm we can still hear the spiritual stations if try.

If we focus our intent and thoughts on G-d and all things spiritual then our Radio will get used to picking up the Spirit frequencies instead of the Earth ones.

Once this happens and we detach completely from Earthly things we can then fine tune our radio to Focus on G-d's frequency.

This is why perception changing substances such as THC and Shrooms are so important and i believe it's why G-d allows them

DC

6. very well put DC

i believe similarly. you can walk with god on this earth. she has left a piece of herself inside us, it's called a soul and a conscience. she also gave us free will, which is why we don't have blind faith etc., why we can choose to believe what we want to believe.

in all honesty there probably is no god, but we won't find out till we die, so we should live our lives as best we can, bringing joy, happiness and laughter to all those around us as and when we can.

what does it matter if one person believes one thing and someone else believes another? at the end of the day we are all human, and we have the ability to perceive ourselves as individuals with free will. so why are there so many fights and wars etc because of what someone chooses to believe with their own free will?

7. I'd worship the sun if I weren't such a lazy asshole.

8. Catholic.
    but i have my own views.

9. I try to do good regardless of the possibility of an afterlife.
    I guess I'm a humanist.

10. #90 Indi420, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
    Not sure really, I just feel something is out there bigger than us. I do pray every now and then so yeah.

on a more humorous note, I think we all know that Morgan Freeman IS god and is our supreme ruler.

[​IMG]

time for judement mother fuckers

[​IMG]

11. the sun is god. without it tis planet would be a cold dead rock. or a cold living rock filled with snow golems and frost giants

12. And your proof is.......where?

13. that sounds sooooo badasss

why does he need proof?

14. well said, he doesn't, what he needs is faith. what does it matter what one persons beliefs are? It should be enough for you that they are his beliefs and you should respect that, just as he should respect yours, whatever they maybe. We are all human and all have the right to make our own minds up.

15. In the words of House (yes the TV show doctor lol): "You know i get it if people are just looking for ways to fill the holes, but they want the holes, they wanna live in the holes - and they go nuts when you try and pour dirt in their holes. CLIMB OUT OF YOUR HOLES PEOPLE."

16. I don't have a religion. I believe in respecting my fellow man, and treating others as I would like to be treated. I believe every living thing has energy, and that it is all connected in one way or another. I do not believe in a conscious being, higher power, god, etc.

I believe when we die, our energies are recycled back into the earth... Not to be confused with reincarnation. I believe in consciousness ends when we die - after a short DMT trip.

Yes, but at the same time - we need to always be teachable. We have to keep it in mind, that what we know to be "truth" today, can possibly be found out to be fiction, tomorrow. So while we have our beliefs, we also have to keep in mind that we just might be wrong; and we have to be be open to hearing new ideas and beliefs, that may be contrary to our own.

17. I am pretty into Buddhism. It just made sense to me and has definitely altered the way I perceived the universe beforehand. Now everything just flows so much smoother, I am much more laid back, and I don't have to worry about a heaven or hell.

18. "I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant." Rufus - Dogma

As for the worth of religion, that varies drastically person to person. If someone reads the bible and goes to church every week and it makes them a kinder more accepting individual than that's a wonderful thing. However if they get bogged down with whether or not the book is factual and stop understanding the message then they missed the point.

After all, if there is a god you need to live your life according to that message, if there isn't a god then living your life by that message still improved your life and the life of those around you.

I ask you, why spend time trying to proving something wrong when the only way to find out for sure, one way or the other, is to pass through death's door for all eternity? After all, you are either right, there is no god but your dead and it doesn't matter or you are wrong and burning in hell for your blasphemy.

There is no way to prove that god does or doesn't exist. Let that debate go and move on to the real debate about the morals religions teach, I think you'll find that across the spectrum of religions most of the morals are the same.

19. i'm Lutheran, and im proud to be religious. :)

20. very well said cottons, i'm willing to listen to anybody, hear what they have to say, discuss it, mull it over with them and then say "i completely understand your view point, but i'm gonna stick to mine" or " yeah cool i get what your saying and i totally agree" discussion and debate don't seem to exist with some people. no one in particular or from any particular faith or anything like that, just that usual few that you always get where ever you go, you know the one's i'm on about.

fucking love that film!

very true. religious teachings should never be taken as written "Word of God", they are too old, have been translated too many times and have been generally bastardised by their respective religions so that they give the overall picture of what those in power want (yeah yeah, da vinci code shite i know, but i do think there is quite a bit of truth in some of the statements made in that book) Any religious teachings, for any organised religion, should be viewed as a "guide book" as to how to live your life, not that what it says is absolute truth and therefore no other religion is correct. that breeds wars and contempt. The fact that all the religious books probably decend from the same area and so on is a different matter, the truth is that what they all teach is roughly the same. Morality, forgiveness and acceptance, not persecution, that comes from human interpretation.

if there is no god then we will be dead before we find out!

i concur, mostly the same