Whats your opinion on teenagers?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by webdesignnomad, Jan 6, 2013.

1. There are many countries who have great education systems (Japan for example) so I feel that point is relative to where your from. Teens are inexperienced and due to this may not make decisions that make a whole lot of sense to someone who has a broader understanding of the world we live in. If anything, I feel teens would truly benefit from being forced to Choose several activities (music, art, science, etc) outside from their ordinary school time from which they can expand their creativity and ultimately become a more rounded individual.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

2. anything: something that is not nothing and not everything but something and everything and nothing all at once is anything...:smoking:

3. My opinion? Most teenagers today are smarter than the previous generation. You know why? Because its a lot easier for them to understand the bullshit. Think about civil rights movement. Its hard for people to all of a sudden be told "No, thats wrong". But for young people, its easy. Why do you think ron paul ruled the young vote? I have more hope for young people than I do others. Of course for every one person like me, theres 10 fucking retards though. Thats life man. Everyones a fucking idiot. Thats when you know youre an adult. When you realize that.

4. Thats a good point man, I think they are definitely becoming smarter. I think a large part of that has to do with the internet. Without the internet I know I would be a dumbass who hated pot.

5. Fuck teenagers.

Nah, we all go through that time. It can be rough and you find out a lot about yourself, others, your family, life in general. It does seem like many teenagers nowadays are more open to be themselves, which is part of our ever changing world being more tolerant of different lifestyles. At least I hope so.

6. teenagers are completely misunderstood by a lot of society and the school system, and with all the social shit they have to deal with, all the issues of growing up, and hormones are literally in my opinion the perfect doomsday bomb. think about it, one tiny wrong move in class, lets say, sneezing and having a little snot some out - WILL fuck your social life up for at least a week. at thats just the tip of the hellhole they are in. most, at least in my experience in my highschool days, all of them are so so self conscious about everything. Luckily I did not experience that, but all the time while I wore my metal clothing they all dressed the same and talked the same. I was always asked I wore that, no one else does..... sadly they never got that, they answered their own question.
    all in all, schools should try and make things a little easier, media should take off all the pressure, and the rush into university and college should stop. my experiences and opinons.

7. #47 TheAtmansPath, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    wiz kalifa is exactly what is wrong with teenagers.

teenagers by and large are clueless as fuck, but some of them are great people, kind, caring, friendly. granted many of them are not. but its hard to generalize about them.

in my late teens I was constantly disappointed in my peers for the things you listed, and I looked at the adults scolding them and saw the same damn faults, or other equally unimpressive faults.
    At least teenagers don't give up and accept where they are at in life, pissing away 40 years in a computer chair doing busy work for an asshole, and then go home so wasted and drained, stressed and broken that even things like their wives or children seem to lose significance. all the while retaining the same blissful (or not so much) ignorance that everyone attributes to the youth.
    At least teenagers have the fire in them to try to enjoy their lives. generally speaking

oh, and all the "YOLO sex at 15 drinkin yea fuck school yea gangsta life yeaaaa" shit?
    Thats propagated, marketed and sold to them through peer pressure by none other than, you guessed it, fully grown adults. I would not be quick to blame teens for their culture, despite the way they are susceptible to its self-perpetuation

8. I do think social media has had a profound impact on teens, and the impact has been majorly negative. So many kids are so fucking dumb nowadays.

9. On this generation? Fucking idiots. Everything about em. Fuck I hate my generation

10. #50 sakisa950, Jan 9, 2013
    Its what I've seen for seven years (I'm 18) in schools a majority of kids care nothing about the lesson but they care about what other students are wearing and who other students hang out with

11. Let's be real from teenagers down were kids a few of us had shit happen where we grew up fast but the others are kids they should enjoy their "living for the weekend" I'd rather work than goto school id smoke than party like I'm too mature for the childishness of school like having to ask to goto the restroom or shit like that

12. #52 ByePhilipe, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    Edit: sorrrrrry

13. I'm 18 just turned 18 yesterday I'm used to saying 17 lol

14. Hmm. I would edit the comment if I were you.

15. People in their teens... they are most misunderstood and mistreated people in the world.

Sometimes they are even abused.

Nobody understands them. Not even their parents.

But everyone wants to tell them what to do.

And they just go crazy... they don't even know why they do the things they do...

They are most angry people on earth. They're angry because they're miserable. They're miserable because they're mistreated... by the society, by their teachers, by the adults... and by their parents.

It's life in hell.

But luckily it doesn't last forever.

Once you turn 20, you become a non-teenager.

But the celebration is short lived.

Because now the life of an 'adult', is about to begin...

16. Just did lol I waited till I turned 18 just to sign up I'm a good weed head when I wanna be

17. [quote name='"MJ001"']People in their teens... they are most misunderstood and mistreated people in the world.

Sometimes they are even abused.

Nobody understands them. Not even their parents.

But everyone wants to tell them what to do.

And they just go crazy... they don't even know why they do the things they do...

They are most angry people on earth. They're angry because they're miserable. They're miserable because they're mistreated... by the society, by their teachers, by the adults... and by their parents.

It's life in hell.

But luckily it doesn't last forever.

Once you turn 20, you become a non-teenager.

But the celebration is short lived.

Because now the life of an 'adult', is about to begin...[/quote]

I really gotta disagree. I was never any of that. I think the majority of people just like to bitch

18. #58 A AnoesisOrange, Jan 9, 2013
    You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. It is up to the individual as to when they are ready to receive. Maybe it would help to have a class like this but if I had gone through such a class back in my day I would have just smoked pot and slept through it.

People mature on their own terms. If they don't mature, oh well.

19. Kudos to you sir

20. Hahaha it's funny because of your avatar and I bet you really REALLY wanted to get baked in the American revolution with Thomas Jefferson and the crew. Damn, that actually would be awesome. Now I want to play Assassin's creed 3!