whats your opinion on people under 21 drinking alcohol?

Discussion in 'General' started by Captainbasch420, Aug 18, 2011.

1. im 18, and im knocking back a little bit of whiskey right now.
    i only drink when i get really bored and i dont have bud.
    so i only drink once or twice every 6 months or so.

so i was thinking.

how do you feel about people under 21(but at least 18) drinking?
    the way i look at it, im not gonna be going out driving. im just gonna sit in my room, listen to some good ole music, and get drunk. not hurting anyone.

so, whats your opinion about it?

2. Yea i don't care who drink's as long as there like not 12-15 ill maybe let my kid's drink at 16..

3. Maturity supersedes age, if you're mature enough to drink and not do something TOO idiotic... Then cheers!

4. Well I dont have a problem with it
    Hell i was doing the same thing you are when i was your age

Be smart about it though, ya know dont drink to the point where you puke.

But when you dont have bud, there aint much else to do but drink IMO

5. yea im super careful now after my first hangover.
    oh god it was terrible. lmao.

6. Mmhm, this ^^ If kids can prove to me they're mature enough to drink, then by all means, party on while you're still young! But not too young.

7. there are plenty of people who are mature enough to handle it but there are many others who are not.

8. yea, the main problem with underaged drinking is the kids thatre like, 13-15, getting drunk and acting like fools, and going out getting into shit.

9. I think thats down right immoral and wrong because your breaking the law. You should be ashamed.

No but seriously, whats your opinion on being able to buy a gun at 18 but not a beer?

10. Uh i don't really care just look at the countries in the UK/euro that have lower drinking ages and higher driving ages they seem to have a better system than us statistically. I don't think alcohol or age is the problem it is the perception of alcohol that we are taught in america. All you see is people gettin smashed fucking other people and then trying to piece things together in the morning. For some reason that kind of drinking and life is actually glorified in our media and culture and i think it's bullshit.

11. technically you can only buy shotguns and rifles at 18(in my state anyways)
    its rediculous. im considered a man, i can go to an adult prison(even for a plant), i can go to war. but lord forbid i partake in the only "legal" intoxicant.
    its the man maaaaaaaan.

12. alcohol and weed arent the poisons theyre made out to be(when used responsibly.)
    the media is the only poison.
    kids see people getting shit faced, punching their neighbor, sleeping with 30 wenches, and waking up in the mexican desert, on tv. and then they think: "oh, so thats how im supposed to be when im drunk!"
    then they repeat.

13. I got no opinion on something that isn't my business. Just don't drink and drive, act like a immature fool, and don't grow a sack of nuts much larger than the marbles you have

14. You're right about one part, that weed isn't poison but alcohol is. the intoxication from it is actually the results of poisoning your body and if someone who hadn't drank before got super drunk without being told they were given alcohol they would probably think they were dying.

Alcohol is addictive and deadly i don't see how it couldn't be considered a poison? everything can be used responsibly i know a guy that uses cocaine alot but he does it intelligently and he paces himself. It hasn't done anything bad to him and actually improved his ADD alot. Also heroin/opiates are fed to everyone in hospitals and doctors and opiates are highly addictive and deadly but they can be used in moderation safely but that doesn't make it any less dangerous.

15. I think it's fine, even though many younger drinkers act like complete fools and are annoying as fuck. I think that has to do in part by the drinking laws having to be 21 in the first place. Once you're 18 you're considered an adult, can enlist in military, rent, etc.

You should be able to drink once you're 18. That way, the 15 and 16 year olds are the immature ones when drunk and still live with their parents, not the 18-20 year olds out on their own bothering everyone else.

16. I think if your eighteen you should be able to drink.

like tupac said "im old enough to go to war but im not old enough to drink."

17. I dont care about kids being able to drink under 21... as long as they can be shipped overseas to kill people while under 21 i'm all good.

18. In most of Canada, the drinking age has been raised to 19 from 18, mostly to stop high schoolers from drinking, like that's going to work. :rolleyes:

I look at it this way: So you're allowed to kill people and die for your country, but you can't have a drink while you're doing it? It makes no sense. Why the fuck is the drinking/gambling age in the states 21 anyways? Seems overkill.

I've been allowed to have a drink since I was 12, freely drink since I was 16.

19. if you are

mature
    intelligent
    responsible
    not driving

then no matter how old you are, you can drink.

20. The drinking age is actually chosen by the state government not federal but the feds keep a firm standing that if a state lowers the drinking age they will cut funding to that state for things like their highway districts etc;