what's your favorite tea?

Discussion in 'General' started by DDV, Jun 4, 2012.

1. I know there are several tea drinkers up in here, and I was just wondering what types of tea are your favorites :)

Me personally, I drink green tea pretty much everyday. But I love tazo organic chai with milk :yummy: I have a variety of teas but these two are the main ones that I drink.

So what's your favorite?

2. I love tea, it has such a calming effect on me.

I enjoy Green, Jasmin, Chai, Horny goat weed, and a dozen others :)

3. ^ never heard of "horny goat weed" hahah. sounds funny

4. haha I know. It's a triple leaf tea, known as an "aphrodisiac". Regardless, I enjoy the taste... a soft sweetness.

5. I haven't tried it yet!

Attached Files:

6. Watermelon Arizona

7. Bellini Peach Raspberry Tea from Olive Garden. Awesome!

8. My gal introduced me to teas, One I liked was a fruity Hibiscus and Rooibos mixture, Go figure :eek: forget the name though.

Oh and can't beat Celestial Seasonings Zinger Line...

Fancy tea's,eh, Im not quite there yet, But we do buy chamomile, lemon balm, lavender, mint, and this "Mountian Blend" from a local middle eastern store and mix our own herbal tea :smoke:

9. Tetley green tea :love:

10. not really the tea I meant, but that looks bomb :D

11. I'm a big lover of tea.

Right now my favorite to drink is Iron Goddess Oolong. It's loose leaf, so I have to bag it myself, but it's mega delicious. When I'm feeling lazy, I've got some Fujian Oolong tea from Sea Dyke. It's cheap, but tastes pretty delicious.

Aside from Oolong tea, I'm a long time lover of chai in nearly all the varieties I've had it in. For easy store bought stuff, Stash Double Spiced Chai is my favorite. For more fancier chai, Taj Masala and Samurai Chai Mate from Teavana are delicious. One of the girls working there brewed me up a mixture of Samurai Chai Mate and Black Dragon Pearl tea and my mouth went crazy. It was mega delicious. I highly recommend it. If you're looking for a good instant or concentrate, I'm quite fond of David Rio Tiger Spice Chai and Oregon Chai concentrate.

There are just far too many teas to list, but as for what's my favorite at the moment, I think this post sums it up pretty well.

12. Standard Yorkshire tea or Assam. Occasionally PG.

13. chai is fucking nasty. all that nutmeg or whatever the hell it is i taste...Fun fact CHAI means TEA in russian.

I only get loose leaf. Go for chinese or from Sri Lanka, Ceylon to be specific. Just plain old Black tea. I do, very rarely, like white tea and oolong tea. No green for me. And an occasional fruit tea, which is usually black tea mixed with a few things.

14. Earl grey or irish breakfast tea

15. What you're tasting in the chai is probably cardamom and clove. It's generally pretty heavy in most chai. Nutmeg is certainly in some as well, but I've found the other two to be much more predominant.

Have you only had a couple of chai teas and gave up on them? Or have you searched around a lot? Perhaps chai lattes are a good place to start?

I don't mean to hassle you or undermine your opinion on chai, I just wanted to better understand your dislike for it and whether or not it would be possible to find you a chai you'd like more.

16. Black tea with some sugar...But I'll drink about any tea you put in front of me, but some of that ginseng tea out there is fuckin' awful.:cool:

17. #17 Scars, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
    I enjoy:

Indian Chai (The real deal from India, people have started wars over this shit.)
    Green Tea (daily)
    Red Tea (before workout)

I make my own tea with:
    -dried green tea leaves
    -jasmine flowers
    -cardamon
    -lemongrass
    -cinnamon stick(s)
    -ginger
    -clover honey

I substitute refined sugar with honey whenever I can.

18. I used to use honey over sugar, but there was always something off. I later noticed that clover honey has a pretty flowery taste to it, as do many other honeys. I then started to use agave nectar. I don't really notice any extra flavor in my tea, but it certainly sweetens it up.

I also like to use German rock sugar. It's unprocessed and still natural, so it's not the nasty refined stuff. It has a good taste to it as well. It's fairly cheap too ($8.50 per lb).

19. Hey guys,

My favorite tea is Italian caffè latte.When i feeling tired than i drink this tea and feeling active by me.This tea is easy to make and very delicious in taste.So i am advised to others please try to taste it........