whats your favorite quote?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GreenLeaf, Nov 10, 2002.

1. "there are no stupid people, only those that THINK they are."

(i wish i could remember where that came from! isis)

2. I've just come back from discussing that very topic in the pub...

... no conclusion met.

whadya expect we were in a Bar!

3. I take it back! ... c below.
    EDIT:
    If ignorance is bliss, give me agony. - Spencer Gaudie 2000AD

4. out of everything i have lost over the years it is my mind i miss the most (and sig)

5. "Know thyself" ,socrates

The say i started to practice that quote i became happier. I know my weakness and strenghts. i know that a 6foot blond is not for me. (darn)

6. simplicity isn't simple

7. Dope will get u through times of no money better than money will get u through times of no dope.

A lot of people will walk in and out of ur life but only true friends will leave footprints in ur heart

Motto 4 life:
    Work like u dont need the money.
    Love like u've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobodys looking and
    F**K like your being filmed!

have a nice day 8o)

8. "in another lifetime . . . when we're both cats"

(Penelope Cruz as "Sophia" in the film "Vanilla Sky")

9. "I have always been regretting that I was not as wise as the day I was born." - Henry David Thoreau "Why I went to the Woods"

"What goes on in his brain the rest of the time? What does a weasel think about? He won't say. His journal is tracks in clay, a spray of feathers, mouse blood and bone: uncollected, unconnected, loose-leaf, and blown." - Annie Dillard "Living Like Weasels"

and my favorite...

"It's my fuckin' life, let me be as weird as I fuckin' want!" - Eddie Vedder

10. A blossoming tree becomes stripped and bare in autumn. Beauty changes into ugliness, youth into old age, and fault into virtue. Things do not remain the same and nothing really exsists. Thus, appearences and emptiness exsist simultaneously.

- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

11. I see it as exactly the opposite :p
    The people who think they're the gods of the earth are usually the stupidest :)

12. Some good Bill Hicks quotes...
    May he rest in peace...He influenced the lives of those who don't take kindly to popular interest.

"I hate patriotism - can't f**king stand it. It makes me sick. It's a round world last time I checked."

"Evolution didn't end with us growing thumbs."

"Childbirth is no more a miracle then eating food and a turd coming out of your ass."

"I can speak for every guy in this room here tonight. Guys, if you could blow yourselves, ladies, you'd be in this room alone right now...Watching an empty stage."

"It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."

"I've learned a lot about women. I think I've learned exactly how the fall of man occurred in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, and Adam said one day, “Wow, Eve, here we are, at one with nature, at one with God, we'll never age, we'll never die, and all our dreams come true the instant that we have them.” And Eve said, “Yeah...it's just not enough, is it?”"

13. weakness is death

....i love that quote

The tragedy of life is not that man loses but that he almost wins

There are five things which no one is able to accomplish in this world: first, to cease growing old when he is growing old; second, to cease being sick; third, to cease dying; fourth, to deny dissolution when there is dissolution; fifth, to deny non-being. -- Buddha

I've made it a rule never to drink by daylight and never to refuse a drink after dark. -- H. L. Mencken

Conformity is the enemy of thought and the jailer of freedom

there is no knowledge that is not power. -- Jeremy Taylor

14. OPEN EVERY DOOR YOU FIND, LEST YOU MISSED THE VERY THING YOU SEEK BUT DIDN'T KNOW YOU SOUGHT.

15. "There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"

16. "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

17. I beleive there are two types of people in the universe...

" Those who are stoned, and thoses who ummm ahhhhhh ...... oh yeah..... those who are not.... "

18. "when life gives you sour grapes, make lemonade" - saw in some TV series.

"make love, not war" - dunno, hippies i guess

"life is a sexually transmitted condition with a 100% mortality rate" - alexander barks, author of the swedish comic "Arne Anka", a parody of donald duck.

19. hmmm..... i dont know any crazy or famous quotes.... so i will make one up.....

"Fuck The Narcs!" -me!

"The Police Are GAY!" -me! again!