whats your favorate quote?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by comeoriginal740, Oct 19, 2008.

1. "The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who Is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost invariably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it." - Henry Louis Mencken

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." Arthur Eddington

"Buy the ticket, take the ride" - Hunter S. Thompson

"Dont criticize what you dont understand"- Bob Dylan

2. "Who belongs? Who decides whos crazy? Who rights wrongs Where others cling?"
    -The Smashing Pumpins

3. The Sun gives life but at the sametime blinds and gives you cancer - unknown

4. "safe" - the UK

a truely inspireing word

5. "All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages."
    -W.Shakespeare

Ut sementem feeceris
    -Micro

6. live and let live.

7. fixed ^^ hahaha you guys got to have seen it?

8. You are the continuum of your existence and everything that is real to you.

9. wasnt hendrix. and "when the power of love overcomes the love of power....etc.." quote isnt his either. i cant be 100% sure, but neither can you

10. "Smart people learn from other's mistakes"-My dad.

11. The things we have now weren't really ours to begin with.

12. Good quote, your dads a good man.

13. I agree. Are those your words?

14. Changed my mind so much i can't even trust it. My mind changed me so much i can't even trust myself.
    -modest mouse

15. Definitely:

16. yup. Just made it up.

17. "Buckle your seatbelt Dorothy, cause Kansas is going bye-bye" - Cypher, The Matrix

18. "If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Newton

19. innit

20. yeah i quite liked that too.