whats your favorate quote?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by comeoriginal740, Oct 19, 2008.

1. dont know if this counts but

" God sends no Cross you can not bare "

2. I don't know if i have a favorite but this is close.

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

3. Reality is a thin veil covering the infinite realm of possibility! unknown

4. if you have more than one favorate post them.im taking the ones i like best and making a collection of quotes.

5. "knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" - Jimi Hendrix

6. awesome

7. ''There will be no end to the troubles of states, or of humanity itself, till philosophers become kings in this world, or till those we now call kings and rulers really and truly become philosophers, and political power and philosophy thus come into the same hands.''
    -Plato

8. For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
    Carl Sagan

9. "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
    Einstein is full of good quotes.

10. We all gonna die, we bleed from similar veins.
    Tupac Shakur

11. "We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory... ...will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." Abraham Lincoln

12. #13 joe Biggs, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
    "shit happens." - anonymous

13. "My favorite thing is to go where I have never been" ~Diane Arbus

14. Masterbaution and Procrastination are basically the same thing, because in the end you realized you just fucked yourself.

If you do things right people won't know you're doing anything at all

Always be happy, never be satisfied

A ship that stays docked is a safe ship, but that's not what ships are made for.

I came up with a few..

15. "Life is a bitch... a stupid bitch"

16. #17 kannabiskid, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
    i'll never forget the times i can't remember

no single rain drop believes it is responsible for the flood

a sober mans thoughts are a drunken mans words

i don't wish to travel carefully through life only to arrive safely at death

i never let my schooling to get in the way of my education - mark twain

against brute force and injustice the people will have the last word, that of victory - Che Guevara

life's a bitch... be a PIMP

17. "We've got to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is."
    -Dr. Mark Vonnegut-

"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected."
    -John Steinbeck-

"Don't Tread On Me"
    -Gadsden Flag-

18. "I'll believe it when I see it"

...people love to talk, and talk, and talk. I live and die by this quote.

19. hmm heres some i like:

"We begin to truly live when we realize that we are free to do anything, the world is ours. No one else matters, they are just here for our entertainment"
    - me, after a bowl :smoke:

"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success."
    - Norman Vincent Peale

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
    - dont know

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
    is not an act but a habit."
    - Aristotle

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
    - Confucius

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."
    - Don Wilder

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet."
    - J. Robert Oppenheimer

"If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves."
    - Thomas Edison

theres a lot of great quotes.. these are some i like, I lost a lot of my favorites.. maybe someone will like some of these:D