Whats your experience with Pro-Mix

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by WhiteGuy88, Jun 13, 2018.

1. I do both I like dwc for winter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. regular DWC/TNF grower, tried peat based promix this time round, hardest time growing plants I ever had. Just throw me back in the newb pile I suppose. I actually thought it would be less management, boy was I ever wrong.

@jimihendrix42, thanks for your help. I should have added Epson a long time ago. Ph kept crashing on me, runoffs at 4.9? Managed it with lime, but now... mg deficient big time.

3. I also want to clarify Im watering by hand.

How long has the plant been in the same medium?

If is longer than 2 months you need Calcitc/Dolimitic Lime, and use them at a 2 parts Calcitic to 1 part Dolimitic. Calcitic is best for PH change. Promix BX has both, but being Peat, its eventually going acid. PM BX does have Mg, but isn't enough to sustain a fast growing plant. From what little I know, weed is 1 of the most Mg hungry plants around, and then add in container when growing, Mg is the #1 Deficiency.
    Weed also likes Potassium at a rate of 2:1 vs Nitrogen. Weed likes 19.5 N, and 39 Potassium. In flowering on an 8 weeks strain they need considerably more P-K at weeks 3-4 , and more Mg weeks 5-6. Chem Gro has a complete feeding schedule you can use as a "Guide" as container growing in Peat, is a bit different vs Rockwool/Coir ect. Peat in a container can equal salt buildup. I usually use 20% of whats recommended in 5 gallons, and water/feed every time, and still keep an eye on them. Could need a bit more, or less.

Also if you let the container get to dry, and then water/feed it, this can/will burn them, as the salts are concentrated to much, if they get to dry, fed more ect, they WILL BURN. I never go lower than Low Moist on a cheap moisture meter, and I also know by feeling the weight of the container, band I use BOTH Methods. But I never let them get to dry. Never drooping. Leaves need to always be up and reaching for the light.

I try and never over water. For a large flowering plant in a 20 gallon container x 1000w Hortilux at 80 degrees, 3-4 fans will use 3 gallons water every 3.5 days. Gallon a day easy, if its anything like what I have. I use 4 gallons water for 20 gallons soil every 3.5 days. Usually. Sometimes 5.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I am printing out your response and pinning it to my wall. Thank you Jimi.

• Like Like x 1