Whats your experience with Pro-Mix

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by WhiteGuy88, Jun 13, 2018.

1. I am interested in using Pro-Mix, i know nothing about it, does it already have all the things i need to grow without adding? Or do i need to add anything? How do you use it and what is your experience? How did your grow go and how big was your harvest, i would like to invest in some good cheap medium, i dont want to do ff medium, thanks for all who attended this thread and your experience

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I use Pro-mix HP, I add extra perlite, and some earthworm castings. I use bottled nutes as the Pro-mix HP has nothing in it at all. You use it like dirt, fill a pot, make a hole, plant a plant, and water. Yields will depend on your skill level, and the growing conditions (light, water, temps, humidity, etc). I just wrapped up my indoor grow for the season, but check out my journal. I grow buds the size of 2 liter pop bottles in Pro-mix. Not 1 giant bud, but several massive buds per plant are considered normal in my garden.

Canada Guy's UFO Grow
    Canada Guy's Indoor Garden 2018
    Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

• Like Like x 1
  3. @CanadaGuy thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience, ive always used reg soil but am ready to change it up, i will check out your threads

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea... better add a shit load of dolomite to that peat moss based media, or you will risk having some serious problems due to peat being so acidic. Many people won't touch it; you should consider using coco and perlites instead. I am having a lot of problems with the peat based media during this grow. Doubt I will use it again. (in fact I am going back to hydro; its less work and more precise for me).

• Like Like x 1
  5. I grow in coco but from what I gather, promix is a slightly more acidic version applying the same principles. Inert media that you have to provide all the nutrients to the plants. Treated like hydro both can grow some massive plants, but there is a learning curve. If you’re a detailed person and like total control of your grow, give it a shot but be prepared to battle through some issues. If you want easy, grow in soil

• Like Like x 1
  6. I want easyily maintained growing medium but something good for my plants, for the past 2 years ive been growing in regular soil and perlite

7. Whatever medium you decide on, read as much about it as you can to see if it’s going to work for you. I would suggest you Stay in small pots and feed often. Start in solo cup and transplant to one gallon for entire grow if vegging 6 weeks or less. A drip manifold and drain to waste watering system makes my life easier as I mix nutrients in a 55 gallon reservoir and just monitor ph for the next 10 days. I’ll help you on your journey as much as I can. Good luck!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. I want whats best for my plants but not to professional seeing i am still learning alot, ive grown with ff trio nutes and am currently growing with gh trio, ive never ran into any deficiencies with any of my grows yet except over watering, so i guess im somewhat in the middle, just an average grower, but would like to up my game a little bit and get some bigger buds, i know about lighting, im still new with what i should give my plants as far as nutrients, i just know the basics, i dont know anything about calcium nutrients or bloom boosters cause ive never used them, ive always done the simple feedings from the nutrients bottles, ive never added more

9. Thank you i appreciate that, always nice to have some guidance along the way

• Like Like x 1
  10. growing cannabis has become a hobbie and a passion for me the past 2 years, its all i think about, i love to grow cannabis, i even give it away to friends and family just to hear how good the smoke was compared to some of the trash they buy, and i give it away for free cause it makes me feel good to know i made someone happy, so any way i can make my plants better i will take the advice and learn as much as possible

11. Read up my friend. Browse my journal if you’d like some info on my setup. Don’t be afraid to dive in once you’ve done the research.
    Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey WhiteGuy88, I know what you should try, I haven't used mine for a while for pot (have its outside with my tomatoes though), it this:
    upload_2018-6-13_5-38-11.png
    These are really fun to learn and use and crop big yields. They are very easy to maintain, no soil, and low cost run. Just use GH.

Only prob I ever get using those systems is that I have to watch out that salt buildup around the airpump doesn't clog the line, but I usually just snip the last 1/2" off and plug it back in.

I have cropped pretty nice plants using bubblers.

• Like Like x 2
  13. @trojangrower hey thanks friend, i might give that a shot in the future, i am wanting to try hydroponics, just not yet though, maybe in a few or more grows, im still learning to much before i go hydro, but i appreciate the advice! I will def look it up when im ready for hydro, a good cheap hydro set to practice a hydro plant

14. I like pro mix bc it's inert so no nutes in medium but I prefer coco. I just got a new brand last night and I'll post a pic soon but either way you can't go wrong as long as you are in a smart pot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Have you considered doing original Hempy?

16. Ive been using Promix BX for decades with great results. With the right plant, training, 20 gallons soil, ( NO TOPPING ) I get 22+ Oz from 1 plant per 1 x 1000w Hortilux BX.
    Chem Gro
    4-20-39
    15.5 0 0
    Epsom salts
    Monopotassium Phosphate.
    Already has Dolimitic/Calcitic lime. PH is initially 5.8, and will stabilize at 6.2-6.3

• Like Like x 1
  17. I definitely agree that DWC is easier than any other medium out there. I love DWC it's just hard during summer months bc of the heat and res getting to hot and them not eating right. But in end of August I'll be Breaking out the pumps and stones and getting some going it's so much easier people just get discouraged bc they think it's hard. What I love about DWC is that it's either fixed or fucked no trying to guess and then realized your diagnosed the wrong thing . In all my grows I have had the best success with DWC from any out look on it

• Like Like x 1
  18. I have 6 of those they work GREAT but I prefer regular DWC 5 gallon buckets with air stone. I feel like it's just easier and can air prune roots so easy and get a huge root mass

• Like Like x 1
  19. Running coco on a drip system is the easiest system I’ve run. DWC takes too long to get going for me, and root rot issues in the summer are a pain. Maybe I haven’t dialed it in as well, but I don’t see myself ever fully changing over from coco.

• Like Like x 1