Whats Your Dream Build/project? Somewhat Realistic ;)

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Deleted member 97913, Jun 9, 2013.

1. My lifelong dream since I was a kid was to buy my own place and put a home recording studio in the basement.    That dream is about a week from completion, so stoked!

2. ^Sounds fast, id wanna drop a gsxr motor in my yfz 450

3. i just have a soft spot in my heart for cruisin on a sunny day with the top down and ho in the passenger seat haha. Not to mention the exhaust with cutouts to straight pipes, and no roof will make for a very nice sounding ride, especially in tunnels or under bridges.but if i was gonna build a car more focused on only being fast, or a track car, it would be a hardtop with no radio, no backseat, no ac, no carpets and such. but i think the built convertible E46 would be the ultimate ride for just havin fun in mountain passes, and enjoying summertime, or at least the ultimate for me

4. #84 I_R_5m4r7, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
    I currently own a 2003 VW jolf 2.0(golf hatchback with a jetta front end). it is slammed on raceland coilovers and c5 corvette wheels. i literally have less than 3/4" from my oil pan to asphalt. I have a lot of plans for it, all to be realized once I move to Kentucky. I am going to do a choptop on it (lower the roof, not convertible top...think rat rod kinda), as well as do a complete drivetrain and engine swap to the inline 6 from an M3 or the Z3M. I just picked up my new wheels, 19x9/19x10 BMW X5 sport wheels. The whole car will be shaved, engine bay, no door handles, rub strips, fender lights, etc. someday I might put it on bags, but switches are for bitches, so I will probably roll static. It will be matte laguna seca blue with pearl white wheels. the interior is going to get completely redone and have a hardwood laminate floor in the rear with hidden compartment underneath for an amp, battery relocation, tools etc. I will have a laptop interface that I can use for when I am at shows, that way I can have a TV in the hatch or somethin...haven't gone that far into thought yet.
    my car.jpg

some of my other aspirations...
    1980-81 Diesel Rabbit pickup truck, painted exactly like the golf to use as a hauler
    SR20DETT s13 240SX
    LS1 240SX
    SR20DETT old school datsun (pickup and/or an old school Z)
    Nissan Titan 5.7 Liter v8 in a 1992-96 Nissan Hardbody
    1g DSm built to 1000HP (I've seen this...totally possible)
    4g63 AWD metro/aspire/somethin small (for funsies)
    rat rod 39 ford
    slammed dodge dually (cuz a bagged diesel dually sittin on 24's would shit on everything)

5. I'm currently building my '88 toyota supra for my daily/track/drift car.

6. #86 Al XE the Bud, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Mine's a bit far fetched: to build a Wardenclyffe Tower equivalent that works(wireless power transmission). Got a lot of the theory figured out, just need the moolah :D

Telsa was THE man, really. I've tried out a few of his 'crazy' ideas here at my grandad's place, so far succeeded in making spent tubelights work like new using electromagnets :)

7. I have tons. A 98 trans am with a 427, mazda rx7 with an ls1 swap, BIG twin turbo supra..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. 1988 Fiero LS7, 5 speed

Sent from my fucking phone

9. I just wanna build a low-budget rally car. Too bad low-budget and rally dont work in the same sentance...

10. I have a 2002! Nice to see someone here that likes a 02 once in a while too. I have a 76... Too bad it isint a roundie.

11. Yes. Yes. Yes. E30's kick ass. Dream stock car may be a E30 M3 tho...

i love the 2002, and the m10. i'd love to see a picture of your's if you have one.

e30's really do kick ass. i've owned three, a 325e, a 325i, and currently own an early model 318i with a fuel injected m10. 379k on working odometer. here's a pic 'cause i love whoring her out:
    [​IMG]

my 318i isn't as quick off the line as my 325's, but its hundreds of pounds lighter and handles better than either 325. i considered building it for turbo but it'll probably get a straight six some day, because bmw hasn't marketed a worthy diesel engine in the u.s.

13. Used to own a 91 talon fwd tsi it was about 350whp when i got rid of it but always wanted another with a shepard built tranny and built 4g63 to the tune of 700whp+
    Also want to take my 91 honda hatch and drop a h22a with a turbo setup under thehood
    For American, I would get myself a forest green notchback fox body stang and run a stroked 351 windsor v8 with a t76 turbo. Mmmmmm yeah i have thought about this stuff for awhile pretty specific plans. Gonna finally start on my honda this winter.

14. #94 I_R_5m4r7, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    I had a 91 galant vr4. Same as a 1g tel, just a grocery getter body. Never got it runnin right tho and sold it. Number 796/2000...Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Damn man shouldnt have sold it my buddies had a couple of those galants sitting around. I ever find one myself i am totally buying it. Love those four door turbo rockets. :-D total sleeper

16. i didnt want to but the wife at the time decided she didnt want it in front of our apartment anymore and made me get rid of it. i think she was jealous that i loved that car more than her...

17. i've got a couple.

an old 88 ford pick up like my papa had when i was a boy. i'm a chevy guy all the way and i HATE ford, but as many memories as i had in this truck, i'd give anything to have one just like it. 

specs: 350 big block, cherry bomb glass packs, 3" lift, 33" micky thompson bajas, cherry red with a white pinstripe. she was beautiful. we called her big red. he sold her when i was about 6 for another truck to get better gas millage. 

Id also like to have the same year chevy with pretty much the same specs, except a 8" lift and 38"s. this would be a mud truck.

as a daily driver, i'd like to have a 2002 chevy z71. 6" lift, 35"s, hollowed out glasspack. 

18. Too many to list lol but a couple would be

68 chevelle with a blown Ls7 an Hotchkiss suspension brembo or willwood brakes an the biggest tires i can make fit.

71-74 chevy stepside probably just a stroker motor an some sort of suspension disk brakes make it into a good daily driver.

70 hemi cuda 426 build the motor up to around 650-700 hp modern brakes an suspension.

Drift car either a 240 or a foxbody mustang. Should actually be starting this project in the next couple months. Roll cage an suspension followed by motor stroker motor if i go the foxbody route and possibly a stroker motor for the 240 though id probably just do a SR20det motor just for simplicity of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. long travel or SAS my truck(90 350/sm465/14bolt with 4.56 gears or take the drivetrain out and put it in any light body car,240,510,s12 ect.

20. Now I want a 370z. Cars look good and are pretty bulletproof from the research I've done so far. Rwd with 275bhp stock that can easily be up to 400 with some help and a lot more if you have the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app