Whats Your Dream Build/project? Somewhat Realistic ;)

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Deleted member 97913, Jun 9, 2013.

1. supra are such underrated cars.we used to mess with a lot of vettes an camrows.we lost once to a dug rippley vette that was twinn Turbo .

2. So true. That's why I plan on a 2jz-ge n/a making 500 on a full tune but I'd have it limmited to 350ish. I don't want the tires squealing every time I take off at a light, and I have driven a car that made 900hp, crawling with that thing from a dead stop like a light would be damn near impossible, you let the clutch out and it jerks you back. Just my 2 cents.

3. #23 Zònk, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    G

4. later year bmw e30(88-91) with a engine swap to a s50 motor.

currently finishing up the changes on my 12' mini r56 jcw, and once the mods are completed on that, will start my e30 project.

5. #25 docleary, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013

why are you going with the s50?

and why late model? just curious, as an e30 owner. but get a 325i, better suited for another straight six.

i'm also curious about your mini. feel free to PM or whatever if you don't want to clutter the thread.

edit - i guess i'm mainly curious as to why you would do the swap yourself instead of buying an already swapped s50 car. they're pretty fairly priced on the forums, some go for low enough prices you would have a hard time spending less on the build. just my thought process on it.

6. #26 Bass N Bake, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
    I plan on having two cars. The first, which I already own, is a 99 Honda Civic sedan. I plan on walling it off with 4 15s (Sundown X Series?), and powering it with a DC 5.0k. I plan on removing the stock D16Y7 for a B18b1. I'll end up putting a B16 head onto it and running forced induction. Im hoping for anywhere from 400-600 horsepower. Im going to be repainting it a dark metalic blue, tinting the windows, and slamming it on Ground Control coilovers with Koni yellow shocks.

The next vehicle will be a Civic hatchback. Either a 5th or 6th generation. This will be my project car. Plans for it include twin turbo, and all wheel drive.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. my dream car/build would be a 2006 (last year of the model) Mercedes Benz E55. I would convert it to a face lift or a 2007-2009 e63 body (update)

The reason i chose the e55 over the 63 is for the supercharger. I wouldn't go crazy on the mods, just smaller pulley, and perhaps exhaust with a light ecu tune.

and example, not really a wild build, but i would be happy

http://m.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=399674

8. K11 Micra with a hyabusa/something similar, dumped on 13" solids with stretchies.

AND/OR

W124/202 wagon, 500E motor, AMG front/skirts and bolt on flares.

9. A 2jz twin turbo delorean fully build with racing seats and an ivory shift knob

10. always wanted a w123 diesel slammed. Another pipe dream of mine is a w123 wagon with a modern amg swap. That shit would be bad ass although im sure that a 350 or lsx could be put in there more easily(and WAYY cheaper) for the same power output

11. A Caterham or Ultima GTR preferably.

12. I'd like to get another 5.9 Jeep, and get a 426 stroker kit for the engine. Keep it naturally aspirated, and use it as a "frequent driver" (not daily, but not a weekend-only toy either).

yeh, thered also be alot more parts and knowledge of 350's/ls's going around- and from what i can see decent later model merc motors are kinda hard to come by (at least in Aus) unless you import from holland or germany at great expense. but at the end of the day, if its a big german tank it should have a big german tank motor in it lol. but yeh, will only ever be a pipe dream... cant see myself ever having the spare cash to do something like this :(

14. #34 mercinariesgtr, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    there was a car in car and driver recently that was an older coupe mercedes with all new amg stuff.

EDIT:::: found it http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/mechatronik-mercedes-benz-m-coupe-1970-280se-35-meets-modern-amg-v8-review

15. i want to build a temple. maybe like 10 feet tall or so with messages and depictions of love and peace. 

16. I feel like that wouldn't accelerate too quickly, or at all :p

17. it'll blast off lol. i guess i should have read the post. all i read was your dream project haha

damnit, frothing at the mouth now. the 280s were nice looking cars, i like the shoulders on the front guards and the little fins at the back. always wanted one slammed on airbags and painted piano black with all shimmed up chrome, if not anodised gold.

19. My dream build would be to put a gtr34 skyline engine in a 2004 Nissan Quest. Fully upgraded.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Well I think that qualifies haha