What's wrong?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Exotic Prophets, May 12, 2017.

1. I've had this same issue with my last three runs. Could I just had bad water?
    I've checked ph
    Added calmag
    Raised my lights. (Kind k5 1000)
    Cut back on watering.
    I'm stumped. Please help. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It's a deficiency of a sort but it's impossible to know without all of the details of your setup, medium, water, nutes, additives, pH and PPM. It's not caused by overwatering - it looks like mg deficiency. Supply that other info, including how much calmag that you added and when did you add it? Today? A month ago? All along?

• Like Like x 2
  3. What's your ph

4. Not sure what the problem was...maybe something with pH levels, but if you'll look at your new growth coming out...it looks just fine. Always judge whether you have issues by what the new growth look like. The leaves on a MJ plant do not heal up. So once you see issues happening, you can go ahead and count that one out. But anything going on on old growth represents time past and doesn't mean it's happening right now. As far as checking the pH goes, I have no idea what you use to monitor and adjust the pH, but it's been my experience that investing in a really good pH tester is worth every penny. With a soil grow, the pH is not quite so important as with the hydro grow, but if it's out of range really bad, you will see affects from it. As long as you keep it around the right range (6.3 to 6.7 for soil), you'll be fine. If you're not growing "auto" strains, you can grow with soil alone and toss the nutes. Just use some good quality formulated grow soil and simply repot your plant when it becomes root bound. Start them in small containers and only pot up to a slightly larger size when the plant becomes wider and taller than the container it's in. Giving straight pH'd tap water (distilled/filtered waters are missing micronutrients that are in tap water that they need and use and we don't treat in the U.S. with chlorine any longer...they use chloramine now and it won't harm your plants). A good grow soil contains everything a plant needs throughout it's life and repotting into fresh soil when needed resupplies the nutrients your plants need. Good soil is expensive, but it's worth it IMO. We use the soil (Roots Organics Original), tap water and light. Light is the most important element of your grow...it actually makes the plant grow. Nutes are simply plant food and though the plant needs feeding, a soil grow requires MUCH less of the chemical additives than the hydro setup does. To get a great harvest from a plant, you must have enough wattage of good quality flower lighting to get it to produce. You can pour various chemicals into it all day long and just burn your plant. If you're growing in soil, keep it simple. Use good soil and always let your plants dry out to nearly dead dry before watering again. Repot when they outgrow old container into larger one with new soil and you're good for several more weeks. Hope it goes well. Your plants look great now. Whatever your issue was, looks like you got it corrected. TWW

5. #5 jerry111165, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    You really need to do more homework before you give advice. Google "Free Chlorine in public water supplies" and you'll see that most cities and towns in the USA use chlorine to treat public water.

Do you have the same cut & paste answer you paste for every response you give?

J

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. #6 MickFoster, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    This is totally false, I have mentioned it before, and yet you continue to give out the wrong information. Deficiencies show themselves on both new and old growth depending on what it is. Mobile elements like Nitrogen, Magnesium, Potassium, and Phosphorous first display their deficiency in older leaves and immobile elements like Calcium, Sulfur and Iron display it in newer growth. You might want to go to growweedeasy.com to the plant problems section and read before you give out the wrong information. It's not surprising the you only yield 10 oz. with a 1000w HPS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do you even read the questions? His plants don't look great - he has a problem and that's the reason he started this thread - to get help - his problem hasn't been resolved. What could possibly make you think that his issue is corrected? Wow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok here's the run down
    4 7 gal smart pots FFOF soil cut with 30% perlite
    Top dress once a week with roots organic bloom 2 tsp.
    Using bio bizz grow and bloom liquid.
    Grow 1tsp per gal
    Bloom 2 tsp per gal
    GO CalMag 2 tsp per gal
    PH adjusted to 6.5
    Highest temp is 85 running at least 1250 ppm of co2
    Feeding compost tea once a week.
    Also using mykos from xtream gardens. At recommended dose.
    I have a sweeter and hardener along with a high p bat shit I use after week 4 of flower.
    They are
    Mendocino Avalanche and Mendocino honey.
    I also use bio Cozyme at week 7/8 of veg, week 3-4 of bloom and week 7 of
    Bloom.

9. I don't grow in soil so I'm not qualified to give advice. Sorry. But I would like to know why you use all that stuff? Could all that stuff be part of the problem? I use one thing - bloom nutrients only from start to finish with excellent results.

10. If you look at most nutrient lines they use more then that.

The top dressing is a organic "slow release" nutrient.
    The high p bat shit (0-10-0)is the help with flowering. Cannabis is a Phosphorus hog. It feeds the soil food web which in turn feeds the plant. Given that you have the proper micro life (Mykos by xtream gardens).
    The liquid bloom and grow and a more direct food source for the plant because they are in liquid form and feed the plant not so much the life in the dirt.
    The calmag was added for the purple in the steams and the help with steam structure to support buds
    The Mendocino avalanche is a hardener for bud the help you get fat Dense buds
    The honey is for aroma and taste. It's a molasses base with yuca extract.
    The bio cozyme is a enzyme used to break down dead plant material and convert it to useable food for the plant.
    Finally, compost tea is the best thing for any plant in soil.

11. What happens if you end up with too much P? What does a hog do if it eats too much or is that even possible?

12. I wasn't trying to be disparaging brother. You mentioned that this occurred in your last 3 grows, what about the grows before that? Were you using the same mixture of additives or have you changed? Just because a nutrient company offers different additives in their line doesn't mean it's all needed, or that any of it is needed for that matter. I yield 8 oz. per plant with just MaxiBloom. Not suggesting you switch - just making a point that all that stuff is not necessary for great plants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'm not upset. I was just explaining.
    My set up is 90% organic and what's not organic is a bottle.
    I've run Fox Farms up until this point but I wanted to go more organic.

The last batch I pulled down was 4 plants and it was 18.5 ounces dry

What medium are you using?

14. If you add to much p it was cause a lock out I add 1 tsp a week for weeks 4&5

15. I admittedly know nothing about organic. I use coco. You didn't mention what the difference was between the last 3 grows and your prior grows.

16. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. organics usually already have a lot of P. Bat has P, grow has P, Bloom has more P. Oh well, google around and see if excess P matches any of your problems since you know you have plenty of P and it's certainly not P deficient. Excess P usually hits iron first and you will see a tell tale yellowing at the very top. So, if that's how it starts IDK. Calcium is a real bitch because almost everything to fix makes something else worse. I grow all organic and only need very small amounts of P and K. It's hard to over fertilize with organics, but I have done it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. What are you using for water? If it isn't RO, what is it's starting PPM and do you off gas the chlorine?

19. I agree he probably has enough phosphorus with all that stuff but, If you look at the symptoms of phosphorus deficiency it looks a heck of a lot like his plants. Maybe phosphorus is locked out somehow?
    Cannabis Phosphorus Deficiency - See the Symptoms & Get the Solution! | Grow Weed Easy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

85 degrees with 1200ppm of co2? I think your temp is too low to take full advantage of the co2. It should be 90-95.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'm using kind leds they say to run the lights around 85 with co2
    I think they are just hungry I feed this
    4 gal h20 (all per gal)
    1 tsp per gal 0-10-0 water soluble bat shit
    4 tsp biobizz bloom
    2 tsp biobizz grow
    2 tsp calmag

Ppm 1800
    Ph6.5

I also top dresses with
    2 tsp roots organic bloom
    1 tsp roots organic foundation

I think they are hungry because of the co2 and other things (mykos, act, co2 etc) and they are using all the available food.

Supporting this is when I use my enzyme I see a improvement.
    The enzyme is suppose to make unavailable organic material available food. So this previous theory of lack of food may be accurate.
    We shall wait and see