Whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Here my plants look brown on the side of the leaf. And its crispy to the touch. Could this be a result of dropping the ph in the soil after transplant? It was at 8.2 then i dropped it to 6.8. I havent fed it any nutes in about 4 days. And when i did it was only a qtr strength of fox farms big bloom.
    1481813561587.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. google how to grow weed , and read

• Like Like x 5
  3. nutes already for this little seedling? you're frying it.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. also, why are you using big bloom in the vegetative stage?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nutes too soon my friend. I only provide nutes at this stage when using rockwool, if your using soil, youll fry them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks man. You know every time i post smething it seems like you always got the same answers.. google this google that. Sharing the same link that i read over and over.. the difference between forums and google, is that you can get live advice from growers... i understand that the same questions can only be asked so many times. But that is why they make forums and discussion boards. Clearly im not god level status on growing marijuana so i apologize if my ignorance is killing you.. not every one comes out the pussy knowing how to grow weed...

• Like Like x 2
  7. And im following the nute schedule on the fox farms that calls for 1 teaspoon of big bloom in the seedling stage.. i dont understand. Why the people who make the nutes. Say to do something then everyone else says not to... im just confused.. the soil i have has no pre loaded nutrients in it.. i used half a teaspoon to gallon. So i know its not nitrogen burn. And my light is a 400 watt mh which is dimmed 50% and atleast a foot above the seedlings. Which cant be light burn. So yeah thats wherre im confused

8. No nutes for first 7 days, then slowly 1/16 to 1/8 to 1/4 every week and so on. Depends on medium, strength, etc. you gotta adapt your plants and not overdose them with huge amount of nutrients.(specially bottled one)

9. OP, exactly what type of soil are they in?

J

Edit: And I agree - this is what the forums are for, exactly, to be able to come here and ask.

So ask away. It's why GC is here.

J

• Like Like x 2
  10. What type of light are you using and how close is it to the seedling? And soil if it's a decent brand should have enough nutes for it for a couple weeks with plain water. I wouldn't add any nutes until you see some yellowing on bottom leaves then slowly add your nutes in. Or you could go check out the no-till thread and ditch the bottle all together.

my grow journal
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1422221/

• Like Like x 1
  11. I had it in some walmart soil. It wasnt no miracle grow. But i mixed 30 percent perlite into it... the soil contained peat moss and some bark.. i threw out that plant. Went and bought FF ocean forest and mixed it in with the others. Popped 2 more seeds with the ff soil. Hopefully it works out...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Im using a 400 watt MH cool tube. But i have it dimmed 50 percent. So i assume its 200 watts?? And they are about 15 inches from the seedlings. The soil was junk b.s so i got FF ocean forest. They are slowly coming around...

13. I'm positive you'll be much happier in the much better soil.

There's just no comparison. Your plants will thank you for it.

Friends don't let friends use Wal Mart soil.

J

• Like Like x 2
  14. Here they are now, I didnt want to completely transplant the seedlings again so what i did was add a little fox farms to the 2.5 gallon pots, and loosely mixed it in about 2 inches in the soil i already had in there... i didnt want to disturb the roots that was already there.. i know its not much but i know once they get bigger and i transfer them to their final pot (5 gallon smart pot) ill have it in the FF... the 2 other seedlings you see i planted those in FF so there is no b.s soil in those... i know im going to run into space problems with 4 fuckin plants in a 2x4x5 grow space.. so im lost on that end... but the plants in the 2.5 gallon pots are a month old!! fuckin stunted growth!! what u think i should do? let them ride? or what?

Attached Files:

15. So you've really only got a couple choices here - leave them where they are or transplant them into good soil.

Even though you topdressed them with better soil, their roots are still in the Wally World soil.

You're gonna be staring at them in another months saying "WTF".

I'd put both hands into the pot, 3" on each side of the seedlings - deep, right up to your wrists and scoop them out and transplant them into completely new FF soil.

What you're seeing is what you're gonna get in the soil they're in now.

This is what I'd do.

J

16. Would i have to worry about some of the roots breaking away? Or is that natural coming with doing that??

17. As long as you can get the bulk of the main rootball I'm sure it'll be fine - providing they aren't too far gone already. I wouldn't even worry about some of them breaking away. Heck, you could cut away 3/4 of a cannabis plants roots, transplant it and it'll be just fine. They'll grow back, believe me.

Let's put it this way, if they were mine I'd already have done this lol -

You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Now, it might sit stagnant for a week or two but once the roots grab into the new soil I'm sure you're going to see a night
    and day world of difference. In the soil that they're in now chances are they're just going to die - and slowly are.

J

18. are you looking at a soil schedule ?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yes.. i was using the FF nute schedule.. but like u said before they were overwatered. I havent watered them for over 8 days..

20. if that is what u mean by soil schedule.. lol..