Whats wrong with your car? *GrassCity Garage*

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Jan 11, 2015.

1. '99 Honda CRV

Every now and then the car kind of shudders when driving/coasting where I'm barely giving (if any) gas but cruising at a fairly constant speed. Seems like it happens around 30-40 mph but it only rarely happens.

2. 99 acura CL 3.0

I think its the key or ignition because my green key light flashed when it happens. Or, sometimes when i turn key forward but not start it, it will click multiple times quickly, like its connecting and disconnecting rapidly.

3. Alright so get this, I'm by no means a "car guy" btw. I took my baby (97 sonoma, 5spd) into the shop to have to breaks done and this guy brings up an engine knock, totally sounded like a belt to me but that's besides the point now, and quoted me for like $1200 to rip it apart and fix it assuming everything else was gravy. This truck is my daily driver, my bittersweet beater that I've been through a lot with, and I am not dumping any money into it so I'm going to drive it until the engine blows or seizes or however that shit goes. Meanwhile I'm saving up for something shiny and fast. It is definitely a bummer though.

4. Is it the i4 or v6?

5. So I have a 98 durango Ive put probably 10k on it since I got it almost to 205k miles anyways it had the engine swapped at about 30k miles on the body how long/ reliable are the 318 engines? I do regular maintenance on it I had too replace ujoints when I first got it but it's been pretty reliable bought for 1000 then 500 to fix it oh and the bearing on my idler pulley exploded... Anyways just wondering how long this thing should last if I take care of it

6. The Dodge 318 is really bullet proof and will last a long long time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. v6

8. Is the intake manifold in good shape? If it goes you can get some funky noises. The v6 bottom end is very robust, you shouldn't really have problems unless you're at really high miles or don't do maintainence

9. Good to know I plan on having this ol girl for a while hopefully at least till I finish college which is about 3 more years just hope the tranny doesn't go before then it sticks/shifts hard when shifting from 2nd to 3rd when I replaced my ujoints the mechanic said it was nothing to worry about and was normal in the dodge trannies so not too worried about it

10. until it drops reverse.. lost reverse in one dodge automatic transmission, and lost 3rd in another.

11. I drove an 89' Hyundai Lantra during my university days. It began burning oil and blowing lots of smoke. My neighbor (who is a mechanic by profession) told me to get rid of it because my engine might be about to blow. Sold it to someone for $300 and it can't have lasted them long. I suspect they just wanted to salvage the parts.

12. 2010 Chevy Impala

...smells like weed.

13. I don't see a problem lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. the throwout bearing is making noise on my 1st gen scion xb. lol

15. shift linkage in my '87iS came apart early 7/4, had it towed and tow truck fucked up my front end enough to leave coolant on flatbed - honestly too disheartening to even pop the hood yet. probably tweaked core support and fucked up my new radiator (less than 1,7xx miles since install). don't know if i should contact the towing company to ask for their insurance info - what do my fellow blades suggest?

16. YES.....contact them NOW. Do they have documentation of the damage at the time it happened.

17. It may be time to consider putting cost of the impending future repairs towards another set of (newer) used wheels.:confused_2:

18. Haha, I have since moved on to a shitty but newer Suzuki. Ugly as all hell but gets 45mpg.

• Like Like x 1