Whats wrong with these Plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ganjalovin, Jan 8, 2010.

1. #1 Ganjalovin, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
    I transplanted these plants from soil into a DWC system about 2 days ago and i cant figure out what is wrong. I have attached pictures if you can diagnose them. Lets just call the first picture Plant 1, the 2nd plant 2 and plant 3. They all have a little bit different symptoms. Plant 1 as been drooping and has slight yellowing, the 2nd is just yellowing, which started as the roots ran out of room, and plant 3 has tiny brown spots on the tip of a yellowing leaf.

Thanks for any information you have.

Attached Files:

2. #2 mad4reef, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
    I have never gone from soil to hydro. But, these plants are obviously over watered.

Good luck.

3. mad4reef i germinated 8 seeds in root riot all 8 popped up, then into 4inch rockwool, then into hydro (wilma 8) had no problems at all, be flushing them nxt wk smellin really good and full to the bollocks we crystal i looked at them we me glass eye lol.

4. I'm looking for a more detailed answer then this.
    Which one is a sign of overwatering? The drooping plant? The yellowing plant? Or the one with brown spots?

Any help is much appreciated.

5. Bump because i love my plants

6. ganja iam not really sure m8y nvr really had these problems i always start my seeds off in root riot and only feed formulex till they been in hydro for a week what nutes are you using on them i swear by canna for all my nutes except for the fore mentioned are they in rock wool or just in the clay pepples and did you wash the pepples b4 use as i found alot of dust came off them and in to my hydro (wont make that mistake again)wich stunted my babies for 4/5 days but its good now i wud scroll throu some threads to find ya answer if ya get no replys. cheers.

7. Yellowing on lower leaves (and your cotyledons turning brown) is usually a nitrogen deficiency. The spots could be a number of things. What's your ph?

8. i gotta agree 100%, def lack of N, this could be caused from a ph fluctuation, or just lack of nutes, but its def overwaterd

9. Please describe your environment. Light (and distance), water (RO, well, city, and how you treat it if you do), nute brand and type, nute schedule/amount, any additives if any, hydro type and it's configuration, room setup, fan setup, follier detail is you are, etc.

You are going to get some shock in transplanting. Though yes, it does look like N deficiency. Though, I have see other things look like that.

10. Alright i realize it would be helpful if i was more detailed.
    I am using bubble buckets (DWC) and the lights are about 8 inches away. I am using low heat florescent lights. The brand name of the nutes i am using is called "Advanced Nutrients" and im using their Micro, grow, and bloom. I have been using as much as the directions on the bottle tell me to use during the veg stage. I have also been using a bit of SuperThrive about 1\4 tsp. for a 3 gal bucket.
    As for my water I live in colorado which apparently has some of the best tap water there is so i have been using that, and letting the water sit out for 24 hours before i use it so the chemicals and such leave the water. Then i make sure the PH is right. I have been keeping the PH around 6. I only have one of the color indicator PH kits so its not as exact as i would like it. I need to get a better PH indicator. I was planning on changing the nutes and water about once a week.
    Right now i have 2 fans going in to room circulating the air. Hopefully soon i will have an intake and outtake. But for this moment the fans is all i can do.

I thought at first this was a N def. but i have been giving them the correct amount of nutes, well at least what the bottle tells me, and it doesn't seem as though it has helped.
    Thanks for all the input, let me know if you guys have more tips. Im new to this so all the info you have will help. Thanks so much! :)

11. have you been giving the nutes at full strength as the directions say?
    and do you have an ec meter ?

12. I am still on my very first grow, but I had picture one happen to me. What caused it was when I added to much nuit and was watering it more. May be that you have either to much nuits or you are watering to often. The way I fixed it was to slack off a bit on the nuits. Like I said, I am new so may be wrong.

13. No i dont have an ec meter. That just tracks the electrical conductivity in the water right? How does the ec affect the plant? also how much does an ec meter cost?

With the first plant i transplanted I just put 2 tsp. of the micro grow and bloom into my 3 gal buckets, which I soon realized was wrong. I plan on changing the water and nutes of that plant 2night. Now i believe am using the correct amount of nutes but i am still encountering drooping, wilting, and some yellowing. The RH is at about 60% and the temp. is around 80 degrees. thanks for the replies

14. hey ganja i use a blue trunchion for my nutes as i have a resv with my wilma 8 (8 11 ltr square pots) i try to keep it at 2.0 the max being 2.4 i mix in two 20ltr buckets and once mixed its left to stand 24hrs then its tested 4 ec and ph. my ph is 6.2 when i start using the hydro then steadly reducing to 5.6 when in flower but i still get odd bit of discoloured leaves,its wierd i have 8 babies going 6 are ok but the other 2 show nute burns so i dont really no why this happens (anybody got any ideas) i always go a bit under strength with nutes better to be weaker then 2 strong,every system is different to use (ec.ph.) but i suppose the rule must be nearly the same for our babies to produce wonderful head banging gear 4 us. i got 1 wk left then 1 wk o flushing cannot wait,got up this morning lights on opened me tent and wow so much crystal showing youd of thought jack frost been in there lol.

15. you should only use 1/4 - 1/2 nutes . i use a bluelab truncheon also ,
    i only have my ec around 1.0 to start with , and build up slowly .
    but im growing in coco . feeding from the bottom.
    i dont know if that makes a difference , im a noob