whats wrong with these plants? pics included

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BossSmogHog, Dec 26, 2011.

1. they're in a flood table, hydroton, try and keep the ph under 6.2 and above 5.8, ppm are under 1000, temp and humidity are perfect, i was thinking Mg or maybe i just let the ph get out of wack for probably a day and a half, which i did, i checked it one day everything perfect let it go for two days and ph was way high when i came back and i kno in hydro signs of deficiency start showing after just a few hours of the shortage happening. so now i also kno at this point in this run i need to be there atleast every other day. but i remade another batch in the res, just about 1:1 part nuts (floranova bloom) and Cal-Mag, keeping the ppm below 1100. i use CF or EC i dont like the ppm so really my readings are between 12 and 14 CF. this is my first hydro run, so im still learning to stabilize the ph in the res. in the begining i had been mixing too much nutes, readings are good but 24 hours later theyre super high, so i was taking out a lot topping off getting the readings where i want them. this is only day 19 of flower, so i have learned a lot in that time, but im still learning, and besides a few days of the big uns wilting probably for a number reasons which i fixed early on this is the biggest problem ive had so far.

didnt take pics with the lights off sorry. pics show fan leaves with lots of yellowing between veins, large blotches of dried tanish colored shit on leaves, leaves starting to curl up on itself. theres 43 plants most have the yellowing between veins a few of them have the large tanish blotches tho.

Attached Files:

2. Use a different light source.... That's a muted light, we can't see what's going on

3. yeah alright ill take a pic when the lights go out, prolly have to wait till tomorrow morning before they come on

4. Looks like need for more phosphorus to me. They use a lot in this period of developement, also they need lots of magnesium and calcium at this time and you might need a tich more of the mag along with the P. Good luck.

5. If you can get a pic of the whole plant(s) as well.... What is the distance from lights to canopy? Temps may be fine, but bleaching still occurs. Doesn't sound like P, but it's hard to tell with the HPS lighting. Is there any red in the stems or underneath the leaves?

At a 1:1 ratio you're running a lot of Ca, which fucks with the rest of the micronutrients. Are you using tap water or RO? unless you're running RO you don't need to bust it with so much calmg. Mg needs go up in flower but can be remedied with epsom salts.

6. lights are about 20 inches from canopy, no red stems everything is green except for the yellowing and the tan spots. its tap water through a smallboy water purifier. im heading over there in a bit to check on things, there is a pic of a whole plant with the issue, im pretty sure its the last one. i started flowering the clones as soon as they were rooted, theres 35 of those and they average 9 to 12 inches tall. yeah i was thinking 1:1 was much. im almost thinking that my res was right it was just the ph got out of wack so the nuts werent accessible

7. how many ml of each nutrient are you adding?

what is the EC of your tap water after being filtered? if you don't know the EC then what is the ppm's and what type of ppm pen do you have so we know what scale it is reading from....

8. #8 BossSmogHog, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
    40 gal res i put about 80ml of floranova bloom and cal mag. EC of 1.3 right now with nutes. without nutes its low like EC .1. its an EC Dipstick wizard or something it has readouts for .7 and .5 conversion and CF and EC. i went and checked on them earlier today. adding the cal mag i think helped, ph staying right around 5.8 the leaves arent all dry and crispy anymore and there are more plants with the yellowing that i noticed but like i said it seems the worst leaves are turning around
    floranova bloom is 4-8-7 with 4% cal and 2% mg already so at first i wasnt adding any cal mag, but with this little outbreak i dont kno anymore. i just gotta wait and see, plus i think with all that extra cal in there the ph will stay put which will be nice just have to keep my eyes on them

9. shit sorry about that man i spaced that you had just started adding the Calmg. if your tap water EC is .1 then it's probably best you stay with the supplement.

i ran into similar issues in coco as i did not charge it enough and am running rain water which contains nothing... i bumped up the CalMg even more (due to the coco) and it took a few days to being to right itself. i also foliar fed the calmag @ 1/4 strength (1.25ml/G), but as i also increased the concentration in the feed solution i couldn't tell you if that helped as well.

epsom is also a good way to boost the Mg a few ticks... 1 tsp. per 5 Gallons should be safe.

10. thanks they seem to be doing better got worse before better tho but, there is life in those shitty looking leaves so i feel better. u can check out my grow at

3x6 table 2 600s - Grasscity.com Forums