Whats wrong with them?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Errly Bird, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Checking out my girls tonight. Drooping all of them. And the centers are trying to brown. What's up? Top layer of soil dry but seems dampish underneath. Please tell me what's wrong :((( is the drooping from over or under watering?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420676380.226641.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420676579.154755.jpg

2. When did you water her for the last time and how much?
    Looks overwatered to me.

3. 3 days ago. I just watered again. If it keeps dropping I'll know why and let it get super dry. Raised the lights and watered. I'll see what happens. That browning worries me.

4. it definitely aint underwatering
    probably over water, but could be over fertilized
    doesn't matter, the solution is always the same, let them dry out, and I mean really dry, to where there is no doubt, and then give them some tap water/no nutes, and see if that helps.

sticking your finger in the top two inches of soil is a very poor guide to how moist it is down deep

if it's over fertilized, usually the plant will look fine but the leaves will look bad
    if it's over watered the plant gets droopy and leaves can get very dark spots

I've never heard of an indoor grower with a pot plant that is under watered, or under fertilized for that matter

Haven't givin them any nutes at all yet. It's only day 12 from sprout. I will let them go for about 7 days this ime unless I see them perk up. I'm thinking my light was just too close. I upped my wattage from 500 watts each to 750 watts each and didnt pull my lights back any not thinking. Could also be why the top of my soil was hard to tell. Fuck I hate thinking im doing something wrong.

6. yes, in the first two weeks they are very susceptible to over watering. I only give my young plants one cup of water at a time. You'll be ok. Might want to think about your soil, and make sure it has the proper qualities you want.

fox farm ocean forest soil with just some added perlite.

8. They're broke
    Let it dry out completely. They don't need much water when they're young bro

9. After some heavy looking around it looks to be most likely over watering. Awesome job of me watering again today. I will LITFA for a good while. And hopefully they all recover.

Any suggestions on drying the soil faster?

10. #10 Grade A, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    There's no way to really dry the soil out faster. Just leave it alone, hold off on watering for atleast a week

Lift up the pots. Feel the weight of them. When they are actually dry they will weigh next to nothing.

11. Turned my lights back to 24 hour cycle until it smoothes out

12. #12 TheAnswer121, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    messing with your light cycle isn't goin to help issues, just gonna confuse the plants

temps?

13. AGREED. Last thing you want to do is add more stress to the poor lady. Leave everything alone, accept the atmosphere if it's out of desirable range.

I'll repeat what everyone has already said, let the pot dry out. You'll know when she absolutely needs water. Till then let her ride and recovery, could take a while, up to 5-7 days to see much of any improvement.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Temps are 75 with lights on and 65ish when off.

15. That's not a bad range. Definitely stay above 60 at night. 10-15 degree swing is acceptable.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Word. And they have perked up a bit already. I think most of my problem was the light being too close. But still see signs of overwater.

17. Keep the light cycle. Light stress can herm plants and you don't want nuts on your nodes bro.

Just don't water. Simple. Cultivation is all about patience rather than always trying to do things. You end up doing too much and your plants get screwed over.

Just keep it simple. Lay off the watering and use the weight/finger method to tell if it needs another water (index finger in to first-second knuckle. If finger remains dry, water time).

...and that's it.

Don't over complicate growing. I did and it's only after months of doing that, I see that I damaged the plants more than I helped them...so keep it real simple. They are weeds. They can take some punishment, but there's a limit.

Come join the revolution!! Australia needs its medicinal cannabis!

IG: Eden_Australia

18. They are looking a lot better this morning. Perked up quite a bit. 75% of my problem was the lights being too close. I don't know why I didn't think to pull them back. I deff should have known better. Same for the watering. Should also have known that. I'll do my best to not over think things. It has screwed me over in the past and not trying to let it now. I just LOVE growing. It amazes me.

19. I don't see the light being to close being a problem. I've had my 1k watt mh less than 12" from the tops of my plants with no problems at all. Unless tight nodes are a problem haha. Let her dry out completely. When you think it's dry give it another day or two. And don't use the "finger" method. It's a terrible way to judge if your plant needs water just feel that weight of the pot.

20. im using straight fox farms ocean forest, no added perlite or anything and have never had any draining/over water issues. how much nitrogen are you using, they look kinda dark