Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's wrong with my weed?!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Horris, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Recently I bought some weed, it looked fine at first glance but after smoking it my throat would be a bit sore and id get a tickly cough and it was almost be like i had asthma for a few hours while I was trying to sleep. Ive been smoking a long time so this was unusual.

Ive looked closer at the weed and after drying it out totally because it was slightly damp I noticed dust came off if it. I tapped alot of weed over a sheet of papper and collected the dust on the end of my finger it looks sligtly black as if it was just a bit of dirt or dust I wiped up, rolling it between my fingers it felt smooth.

I've heard of dealers cutting weed with particles of glass from road paint but im not too sure if this is glass. Does anybody have any ideas of what it could be and if its ok to smoke and if so how should I smoke it?

Thanks Horris

2. black dust? gunpowder? fire weed

3. Sounds like your bud has dust on it bro. And your throat hurts from the dust. That or it has mold. Can you post pics? If you are sure it isn't mold i would just smoke it out of a bong. That way you won't inhale as much dust and it will be easier on your throat. Or you could make a dusty edible which wouldn't be too bad.

If its moldy then you can make iso hash if you have a lot of it. If you only have a bit you could make an edible. Mold isn't really that bad for you if you eat it. I have eaten it multiple times on bread and even plant mold and never gotten sick.

Also you might think of trying a light bulb vape that should keep the dust out of your lungs.

4. all i know is it noticeable amounts of "trichs" fall off and it looks sketchy, if you scrape those on a mirror and it leaves a scratch then you have glass shards in your bud. Hope this helps

5. Pictures would be great but IMO I wouldn't finish that sack of buy off that dealer again

6. #7 TCUB, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
    Maybe its coffee grounds or something,I've heard of weed being kept in coffee to ward off drug dogs.maybe some grounds seeped in:confused:

7. Its really hard to help without pics man.

8. Can't upload pictures at the moment.

Just been looking at it abit more, the more "dust" I pick up on my finger the more of a dark green tinge it gets to it :mad: So thinking it's probably mould. Is the only "safe" way of using it now to cook with it? Could I use a vapouriser?

Think ill be taking a look in the edibles forum.

Thanks Horris

9. as far as i know best bet is to just to discard weed with mold, before you do that i'd check around or wait for more responses. Sorry bro. Shit sucks

10. People always say to discard moldy weed but i don't think so.

If it got you high then you can still use it. If the weed was too moldy to use it would just give you a headache and make you sick and achy and shit. I have smoked moldy weed once because my friend fucked up when he harvested. It was okay.

If its hurting your throat i suggest you just cook it all up. How much do you have left? You can probably make some single serving canna-oil and filter out the actual plant material when you are done. The oven is sure to cook the mold spores. And if any remain you will still be fine because mold isn't really danger to eat.

11. Thanks for the replys. I don't think I could keep smoking it as it is, it's giving me a sore cough and keeping me up. I've just read this article

What You Should Know About Mold Issues on Marijuana | Spark Report

Apparently mould is worse to digest than inhale?
    It suggest baking it in the oven at 300 degrees to kill the mould, might try that don't want to throw it away. Was a half o when i bought it probably closer to a qaurter since i've been smoking it and dried it out.

Horris

12. The chances of it being laced are very small, don't worry about that.