what's wrong with my seedlings?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pokesmotallday, Sep 26, 2010.

1. They're about 2 days old, I put them in hydro buckets the other day and added 2 tsp each of Grow/Micro/Bloom from Advanced Nutrients according to the instructions on the back which said ".77 tsp/gallon" for seedling stage.

They're each under a 100 or 150w CFL lamp which is probably 6" or so away.

Why are they stretching, limp, curled, and twisted? Did I do something wrong? How can I correct before it's too late?

Attached Files:

2. I don believe your suppose to add nutrients to seedlings for at LEAST 2 weeks...?

3. thanks, so flush asap?

4. I'm thinking dump the nutes. Too little is better than too much. If you don't and that's the problem they could be ruined.

5. k, dumped the buckets and theyre empty now cause r/o water is in the room in dark period so am i screwed?

6. I would find some water somewhere. They're gona need moisture. I don't know what kind of spigot water you have but I do all my growing in a DWC with chlorinated city water and have never had a problem.

7. use a green light.. and go get your water... or jet down to the local store and pick up some distilled water to get you threw.....

start out with two weeks of no nutes.. then jump up to half strength... then full strength if they seem to take it well..... you kinda have to play it by ear.. but usually no nutes till you see roots shooting thew your net pot then half strength... then a week later maybe jump up to full

8. can the buckets be empty for one night or will they be screwed? also how many gallons do u add for seedlings?

9. I have a Brita pitcher in my fridge, I poured a couple shotglasses full of water w/ a bit of pH down over the hydroton and a couple capfulls of it over the rockwool, will i be ok?

do i need to refill the res tonight or can i do it tomorrow morning? will they stay moist enough?

10. Just dump the buckets and fill up with water. If not distilled water use tap water (better then death because you can put some water in a bucket over night and flush tomorrow); but don't leave it empty.

Hold off on your nutes for at least two weeks. You want some good growth and can actually say your vegging and not a seedling anymore.

Good luck!

11. no... go to the store and get some water............. walk

edit+ follow wave riders advice... get some water in there now

12. Its easier to correct chlorine in the water than to fix dehydration in the plant. I have lost more plants (garden variety) to dehydration than any sort of chemical or pH/nute deficiency. Get water.. rock wool might last through till you get water; but not worth the risk.

13. i had enough r/o water to fill the buckets about 1/3 to 1/2 way, am i okay for the time being?

14. Only if the roots can get enough moisture.

15. What he said

What he said