Whats Wrong With My Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Zuni, Nov 14, 2008.

1. #1 Zuni, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
    i took these pictures so maybe someone could help me..

the leaves are curving funny and i have no clue why.. i have 8 plants growin and only 3 of the 8 are lookin this way.. can someone help me???

Attached Files:

2. If they are drooping that may be because a lot of things. lack of water or nutes maybe. How old are they? What is your light setup/water setup? We need some more information.

3. im using a 600 watt hps on a 12/12 cycle.

for nutrients im using 3.5ml per liter of water. the brand i am using is iguana juice bloom.

i water them when the light turns on and a half a hour before it shuts off. i was thinking nutes but the rest of the plants are doing fine..

i ordered a ph tester and it will be here tomorrow and i got ph up and down so im going to be checking the ph tomorrow.

4. Hmmm....your plants dont look healthy at all. I think you may be putting to much nutes or perhaps changing/varying your feeding/watering to much for the plant to handle....your looking to mimic the natural environment.

It looks like you still have nute burning problems still.....here is what I would do.

Totally fluch your medium with clean water. Tap water is usually fine as long as its not freezing cold. Make sure you run about 3 times as much water though the medium than that would fit into your pot. So a 3 litre pot would need 9 litres of water. This will get rid of alot of crap and let you start from the beginning.

Use HALF of the nutes you are currently using....you only need to feed your plants when they are hungry. Make sure you have diluted the nutez properly too! Then, next time the soil dries up.....wait for it to really dry up.....just water with good plain water.

Give it 24 hours after your watering and you should be able to tell if your plants can handle more or less nutes.

Hope this helps!

5. Your definately watering too much, you only need to water every other day or so, do you have any heat issues?

Use bottled drinking water until you get the tester.

6. Yea I water my plants in tiny 4 inch pots once a day if not less. You're watering wayy to much.

Don't mean to jack your thread but my waters pH is really high. Like mid to high 7. I don't have a very accurate tester but thats what the strips say. Anyways my seedlings really don't seem affected by the water, will this change when they begin to flower or use more water?

7. Not sure, my seedlings looked fine for the first 2-3 weeks in solo cups, then they started yellowing bottom leaves and a little twisting. Once we got our ph meter we realized we were watering with 7.5 pH.

8. Ah, I have a 35 gal tub that i'm letting sit but i'm not sure the chlorine and shit's evaporating.

9. well i water my babies once in the morning and once at night.. because ifi dont water them at night when i wake up in the morning there all wilted so i thought i just had to water them more.. because since i have watered them 2 times a day they have looked ok except for the 3 plants that have curled leaves like the plant up above in the picture.

how do you know when a plant is hungry? and how do you dilute nutez properly. i measure out 3.5 ml per liter of water.

i did have a problem with to much heat in my grow room however i put a charcoal filter in the grow room to help circulate the air and the temperture went from 90-95 to 72-78 degrees. so the heat is no longer a issue as of a week ago..

10. #10 big_milsy, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
    Hey Zuni,

Yeah, I would normally say its because of the heat. Curled leaves and water evaporation from the soil at a rapid rate.....this tends to leave over excess nutes. If the temps are now ok, this shouldnt be an issue then.

This is why I suggested the flush, running clean water though the grow medium to get rid of excess stuff. It looks like to much nutrients may have built up over time. This may be the reason the tops of your plants look shriveled.....like no moisture is getting up their.

Hehe, when to feed is one of those experience things and is dependant on strains and the stages of growth you plants are in. The trick is to slooooowely increase the amount of plant food (starting small when the plants are small) until you start noticing the plant struggle a bit....ie no growth sprurts! The I back off with the nutes a bit and know what the plant can handle the food.

Well this is how I feed but yeah, I have made critical over-feeding errors in my first couple of grows but have yet to make an under-feeding problem yet. Unfortunatelly, their is no simple 'you plant needs x to y water ratio' for every plant, you just have to get a feel for it over time!

Anyways, I think if you sort the heat issue, flush your plants and re-feed (not too much now), you shouldnt have too many problems.

11. are all of the plants the same strain? the affected plants in the pix look like sativa dominate cannabis. I have noticed that C.Sativa doesn't like as much fertilizer as C.Indica.

12. there is 2 blueberry plants, 3 peak 19 plants, and 3 velvet revolver which is a strain made by a friend of mine.

i flushed out all the plants today.. i ran 8 liters of water through each plant and i ph tested every plant and it looks ok im getting a 7ph level and i believe thats normal so hopefully this works. ill keep you updated..