what's wrong with my plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dirtyglovegrower, Feb 10, 2013.

1. i'm 4 weeks into flowering, i'm growing pakistan kush ryder and vertigo auto. i'm running a 600watt hps air cooled hid. using flora series 3 part with h202, floralious plus, liquid kool bloom. my ph have been kept around 6.0-6.3 and ppm start off at 900 with a fresh nute change and tapers off to around to 700 after a couple days. i'm getting rust spots on the plants. i'm not really worried about the yellowing because that is to be expected during the flowering stage. i've uploaded plenty of pics so please feel free to leave comments and suggestions. the big plant is the Paki and the little one is the vertigo... the vertigo almost died 2 weeks in and took 2 weekd to recover hence the short statue of the plant.

Attached Files:

2. YoU need to introduce cal and mag in your feeding! A good one is General Hydroponics CALiMAGic. It has iron in it to and should make those rust spots go away. The yellow is most likely a nutrient deficiency. Your ppm should be around 1200 and during flowering your plants are bigger and growing so they need more food, just like you would if you were growing. I would suggest either adding more Nutes when feeding or feeding more often. The yellowing during flowering should be on the bottom leaves not the top because bottom leaves don't receive a lot of light. The yellowing may also be from your Nute change

3. You can use the CALiMAGic every feeding or every other feeding. Dont use Nutes in the final 2 weeks of flowering and don't water a week before harvesting. This will increase THC potency because the plant produces THC to hydrate themselves when there is a lack of water!

4. You may also want flush your soil carefully two weeks before harvest. Nutes can leave your bud with a harsh taste when it's ready to smoke

5. nothing! looks like just a little heat stress - I would try to keep your high temp between 80-85. Autos don't like nutes especially if you are already using a quality organic soil, I would only use 1/3 of the recommended dosage.

6. i'm growing in dwc buckets, not soil.