What's wrong with my plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Highmix, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I transplanted them from smaller pots on Monday. Every environmental factor is perfect & the nutrient & water level should be spot on. They haven't grown & are wilting.

Any ideas? :confused_2:

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. They could be in shock still. How smooth was the transplant? Also, what mix did you transplant them into?

3. They went from Light Mix to Light mix, from a T5 to 600W. There was an 8hr window where the extraction stopped & the heat went up a bit high but not to a dangerous level, about 32C. I didn't play with the root ball, some people have said you should loosen the roots when transplanting. Do you agree?

4. I dont mess with my plants roots..ever. Seems like a piss poor idea imo lol. If the transplant was gentle the only thing that changed for them was the light. How far away from them are you with your hood? Some plants need to be eased into a bigger light. Its a big leap in lumens for these little gals they have to get used to it. I would suggest raising your light up..then over the course of the week gradually get it down to were you want it. Just my 2 cents worth.

5. That's a good point. I stuck them straight under it with the usual 18" clearance. I'll try your suggestion. Thank-you, really good advice.

6. [quote name='"Highmix"']That's a good point. I stuck them straight under it with the usual 18" clearance. I'll try your suggestion. Thank-you, really good advice.[/quote]

Hope it helps. Cheers

7. #7 lazyeffort, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
    Did you water after the transplant? I dunno, from a glance it looks under watered? I can't really see the soil. If the soil is moist when you stick your finger in it should be fine; in which case I have no idea...

8. Yeah properly watered, soil is moist. I haven't come across shock before so maybe TroutTalker is right. I'll give it another 24hrs.

9. maybe over watered after the transplant. the roots won't grow until the soil is drier and they need to grow to search for moisture. it looks like the roots are shocked and its showing symptoms of rootbound

10. If I was watering 1.5L when they were in 1L pots, after transplanting to 15L pots I assume I increase the watering amount or does the amount of water used only change due to plant growth not pot size?

11. Well it's kind of both, but the smaller plant will not dry out the soil as quick, so that big of a pot may take a week to dry up with a plant that size, plus however long the shock from the transplant takes... I know my clones haven't really done much of anything since there transplant 5 days ago.

12. I've over-watered them. Thanks for solving it for me. Won't be doing that again :mad:

13. BDS is a known ripoff site. DO NOT USE.

14. Thanks. I hate those spamming %$^ts!

15. Did you raise your light?