What's wrong with my plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Soap On A Rope, May 20, 2010.

1. #21 I have this, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    :wave: Are you single?

Ok, here is why I think nitrogen def. Towards the end of flower the nitrogen use by the plant goes up dramatically, you only really see this problem with soil users. So my theory (and we see this on here rather often) is that the N has been locked out the whole time, but the plant has been getting plenty of it native from the soil. So as it gets into the later stages of flowering, the soil is depleted of N, and the N in the nutes is locked out. Which is why A. You usually only see this with soil, and B. It's always about 4 to 5 weeks into flower.

I grow hydro, but i read a lot, and I could most certainly be wrong.

It's 4:20 where I am... :)

2. Lol, nope. :p

If you are, you must hand over your penis. :p:D:hello:

Op I have a very useful pH chart which shows what gets locked out and when in soil and hydro grows, I'm at work now but I will attempt to post it later for you. :)

3. From my understanding and research(which can be quite daunting and conflicting), a flushing would relieve the lockout, if that's what the conclusion may be. In all fairness, I might follow your earlier advice and wait for more opinions on it. That's definitely not saying that anyone is wrong here, but another opinion would be certainly within reason. Although, your assessment is looking to be what it might be from what I've seen across the web, but obviously a personal touch of advice on what it is would be easier than dealing with random assessments that I've seen about the web.

BTW, it's always 4:20 anywhere I'm at.

4. I appreciate that F4E, I would be curious to review the chart and see what the symptoms closely resemble. I will be checking out shortly myself as I have a court date in the morning that I need to look sharp at. Thank you once again.

5. Still looking for some advice on what it can be and more advice on how to correct it. Anyone that might have some insight, please share.

6. #26 Sam87, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    Flush her out really well with RO, to start with. Let her dry out, and continue your regimen, with either half strength Cal Mag every other water, or quarter strength every. You don't need nearly as much as Botanicaire wants you to use, and it just runs the risk of developing lockout problems.

One thing about soil, is you have to be careful about salt buildup, especially when using Foxfarms or anything else that contains synthetic salts. With your soil and feeding program, deficiencies will not occur from a lack of anything. So, start by assuming you are using too much of something, and work your way from there.

Also, this is the most detailed plant guide I've found online. You want at least one page like this on hand throughout your grow.
    The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles! - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

And as far as what it is, it could be a number of things. Could be a N burn from it building up in the soil. Could be your Cal-Mag locking out Phosphorous. Could possibly be Nitrogen lockout, but it looks kind of funny for that. I'm not great with pictures, because I find that ID'ing problems like that isn't really my way, and tends to cause more problems than good. Learn what interacts with what, and check your PH at least once a month, and you won't have problems anymore.

7. Thank you for the detailed response. I suppose I will do a flushing tonight and go from there. Thank you also for the guide referral, I had come across the same one myself prior to soliciting advice and help here. I thought to be sure of what it can be that some opinions from here would be a confirmation for any suspected illness or deficiency. Very well, thank you once again for your time and input.