Whats wrong with my plant!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by William23, Jan 22, 2023.

1. I gave it nutrients layered down on the dirt watered it, but it seems to be deficient in something not sure help!?? :/

Attached Files:

2. Look this is my plant at the moment Im not sure but she seems not to be so up and happy :/

Attached Files:

3. Do this plant just get transplanted into that fabric pot? What kind of nutrients did you use?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. No they haven't, and I'm using powder nutrients all natural, ingredients include - Crab meal, Azomite, Fish meal, Phosphorus rock,

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm guessing I have to add nutrients frequently, because once I water it with the nutrients its only valid for a few watering rounds after that the plant doesn't intake much of the nutrients anymore, not compared to artificial liquid nutrients which you give automatically when the plant is in need?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok you’re using natural inputs, that’s good. However, they also take awhile to be broken down by the microbiology in the soil. Most of them will take 10 days to 2-3 weeks to actually become plant available.
    Check out the organic section here, there lots of good info on growing in living soils. The “ no till revisited” is a wealth of information

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Do they need water to be activated in the soil , or will it activate in dry space on its own, just asking because I placed a consistent of nutrients in a spot in my soil and I totally forgot the spot and I don't want to go digging through all the dirt to go looking for it its a pain in the A lol, so I'm just wondering!??

8. My guess is once the roots spread throughout the whole pot once the plant is matured as an adult plant, the roots will touch the active nutrients that got lost and will crush it and feed off it naturally, I could be totally wrong tho so dont hesitate to contradict me on that I encourage it that's how we grow and learn from our mistakes :)

9. also i think the plant needs watering ,from the picture the media/perlite looks very dry .....mac,

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Your soil looks really dry. Fabric pots dry out pretty fast on the outsides. Microbes work better when they have a moist environment to process your nutrients. Your soil is likely hydrophobic. Pick the pot up and try to remember this dry weight. Spraying the outside of a fabric pot when it's medium inside is hydrophobic will help it hydrate better. Then slowly water 10-15% of the pot's volume into your growing medium. If you water too fast it will just run through your medium and accomplish very little. Water a cup or two and wait 5 minutes and continue this watering cycle until you see a bit of run off. Now, pick your pot up and remember that weight. Keep your medium moist and things should start to look better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. That was my other observation as well. Get a drip tray underneath it so it can soak up some of the run off when you water :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. if theres a lot of run off and the drip tray is full ,dont leave the pot sitting in longer than say hour and theres still water in it dump the water ,trip it on you outside on the garden plants ,,dont let the pot stay in the water in the tray ,it could cause root rot ...mac,

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Let the plant grow. You don't even need nutrients at that stage in a pot that size yet. Plain water slow flush every other day with a PH of 6.2-6.7, and it will look much better in 5-7 days.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Are you serious my plant since that time I took the pic, all the top leaves are yellowing and falling off in a expenetial rate, thats not normal its a nitrogen difieciency

15. What soil? Your problem would have to be a COMPLETE lack of Nitrogen. Which isn't even possible at that stage, unless you were growing in sand......

• Like Like x 1
  16. The soil is used up from my last grow so it's not a living soil any longer, I do have slow activated nutrients powdered form, but as Ive read it take 2-3 weeks for available feed for my plant, and by that time my plant is gone, by gone I mean fully nitrogen lockout.

17. Sometimes. KISS is best. GL.