What's wrong with my plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hartwood, Aug 28, 2017.

1. All of sudden my plant just started dying it seems. I use purple cow organic soil. Just added superthrive for root rot and started giving a 3-1-2 nutrient. pH level is around 6.5

Attached Files:

2. I'm guessing root rot from overwatering/not enough drainage. There doesn't seem to be any perlite or drainage in that soil whatsoever.

Also looks like your soil ph is in the 5 range. Unless I'm reading that meter wrong, never used a soil meter.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. They droop when too wet or too dry. Judging by the very dense look of the soil you are using, it's likely over watering. Need to amend soil heavily with perlite as the plants require killer good drainage to thrive....soil should be seriously light and arid for best results. You NEVER EVER water again till container feels light as a feather regardless of how long it takes. Nutes aren't necessary until plants have had some time to use nutes in fresh soil or you'll burn your plants. Light produces growth and nutes feed plants. Read up on what they need during different life cycles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Would you suggest reporting with current soil but adding perlite , or do u recommend a different type of soil. I've got perlite coming tomorrow in mail. Also, someone mentioned that It should be around 30% perlite mixture

5. You can't "over water" cannabis....
    If you could over water cannabis then DWC would not work where the plant grows with the roots directly in water. It's not to much water.... It's the lack of oxygen to the roots.....

6. Yeah, most commonly known as overwatering.......

There's a reason I included "not enough drainage".

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

7. I've repotted with a different soil and a 30% perlite. , I checked the roots when reporting and they didn't smell and seemed fine. They weren't BRIGHT white but not dingy brown either. I'm hopeful this will work. I think I just messed with her too much and was overly worried about the nutrients and pH l. I have all the essentials to adjust pH if needed and 3-1-2 nutrients if needed but not sure it will. I also have super thrive if in need to add for root strength but I'm just gonna see how letting her dry out goes. Here's a picture of the new set up.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1