What's wrong with my plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by G$williams, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Brown and yellow spots on older leaves

Attached Files:

2. overwatering and/or pH fluctuation.
    medium?
    feeding? (ratio/schedule)

3. Overwatered. They droop when they're too dry and they droop when they're too wet. The spots are probably something that splashed or spilled onto it...but they're on old growth so no big deal. Unless your plant displays the problem on new growth, you don't actually have an issue. As far as watering goes, in a soil grow you never water a plant until it has used the water you gave it last time. It's best to let them dry out almost completely before watering again as this forces the root system to search out the entire container for food and water as well as getting you an overall stronger plant. Find a reliable source and read up on how to tend these plants. The better you take care of them, the better they will produce for you....IF you give them enough wattage during the flower cycle. The harvest from an indoor grow is TOTALLY dependent on the quality and wattage it receives during the flower cycle. But if you lift the container the plant is in and feel any weight at all, put the plant back under the light and go away. Be easy on the nutes too. The leaves on this one are really dark which usually means too much nitrogen has been given. With a soil grow if you'll use a good quality grow soil and grow photo strains (not autos), you can take the plant from birth till harvest on the soil alone. We don't use any additional nutes in our plants because the soil we grow in handles the feeding completely. We start clones in Solo cups. Once they've outgrown the cups, they go into 1 gal. pots. They stay in the 1 gal until they get large enough to go into 5 or 7 gal containers for flower...so they're basically introduced to fresh soil 3 different times in their life. A good grow soil can easily handle the feeding of a plant for that long. Nutes are just plant food. For a hydro grow, nutes and pH are life and death. But with soil, it's not that way. Good grow soil is worth the money you pay for it. I'm not anti-nute use by any means. But if the soil will do the work for me, I'm good with that. I even repot them during flower if they get really root bound and are having to be watered every day or every other day. The key to a repot is allowing the plant to actually get large enough that it needs repotted and letting it dry out to nearly dead dry (just like with the watering) before you attempt it. They'll generally slide out in one nice large piece and you just set them over into the prepared pot, cover them with soil and water them in. Done right, they never even show signs of stress. Keep it as simple as possible when starting out. Good soil, tap water (filtered and distilled water have been stripped of everything and there are micronutrients in tap water that these plants need and use), and premium light. That'll get you a real harvest. Good luck!! If I can learn how...anyone can. LOL TWW

4. i fixed the ph down to 6.0 yesterday so i will just wait until soil is dry and then water again. m using is fox farm soil and they are about 26 days old