Whats Wrong with my Plant?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jopake, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hey guys, Ive been growing for about 2 years. Me and my roomate have just started hydroponically and so far everythings going well ive done tons of research and am still doing so day and night. But my white widow has all of a sudden just started dying and yellowing up terribly, i took a pic to my local hydroshop and med shop and they said theyve never seen anything like it but i was almost sure it was a defficiency but its just getting worse.Also it honestly looks so much worse in person than in person, the colas are slouched now and just shitty in general. The only thing i dont get is why thats my only plant doing that i have 4 more in the same resevoir and they're doing great! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. What's your ph and water temps

3. It has to be something to do with your nute mix. What are you using?

4. My ph currently is 6.1, water temp is room temp if not a little warmer, currently im using the floraduo series, and just got cali-magic to mix.

5. Water temps should not go above 70. Does look like a nutrient deficiency what's your ppm

6. check the roots. Root rot on one plant could explain this. More pics, more info

7. the roots were to saturated in nutes from overtime, today i finally pulled it and found the problem to the quick and rapid death of it but im going to soon upload pics of my other plants to get some opinions on them, as of now we have completely washed out the system and soaked the roots of my other plants in plain water to get alot of the fertelizer salts off of them. Thanks very much for all of the advice i appreciate it, new pics for opinions will be posted soon...:)

8. whats your res temp? your other plants may be at risk

9. I'm guessing root rot. I have had plants get this in my big hydro systems numerous times. They grow for a few weeks after transplant, then they go to shit.

10. Thanks guys, but any suggestions on how to get rid of root rot because my oher plant is showing the same signs and dying now so responses asap would be greatly appreciated..... my financial support depends on how well this harvest does an not lookin to well :(

11. I have no idea, once they start to go, it's usually to late. From my experience.

12. Damnnnnn. ight thanks for the help tho man it helps, #thestruggle lol

13. Hopefully it works out usually hard to get rid of root rot. U should watch your water resovoir temp. U don't want to go above 70 I keep mine at 65. Go to the grow store and buy a floating thermometer they cost 5 high temps decrease oxygen

14. I've read a few places that this is recommended for root rot. I've never used the technique but other's on here swear by it, its called Heisenburg Tea

15. still waiting on your res temp. Trying to help here but youre not exactly answering questions here :)

16. Res temp should ideally be around 65-68f. You need to make sure youre not overwatering your plants and theyre getting sufficient oxygen. Try using Aquashield to prevent further contamination and h2o2 to treat the current contamination. The rotting roots or dead leaves will not recover but theres a chance it will grow new roots and new vegitation. Most advanced growers just pitch the plant. Good Luck.

17. I had pretty bad root rot on my plant during the veg stage, i treated directly with h2o2 then bought some subculture b from gen hydroponics and that actually ate away at what rot was there and now all i have is a few stained roots which were the rotted ones and the rest of the root mass is pure white. Sub b is like 28 bucks a bag but at 1/2tsp for a 5 gallon res it seemed more then worth it to me

18. Hey bro this should help your root rot... \tHydrogen Peroxide and Horticulture

Quick Grow Indoor Garden Centre Articles

h2o2... too much of this stuff is bad but just the right amount will make a plant bounce back like a crack head...usually only some of the pro's use h2o2 but like i said in small amounts will prevent molds and such plus the extra oxygen helps the plant and stablizes the water whatever your using...(well water,bottle water, tap water,etc)