Whats wrong with my plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kittengirl, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Hello well I just noticed today that I have one fan leaf that's yellow with blotchy green spots.A few leafs at the bottom of my mother is yellowing too. I'm growing her in soil and I took the soil Ph today and its about 5.8-5.9. So I'm not sure if its a Ph problem or a nutrient issue? So what could it be and what can I do about it? Also on the fan leaf the stem is reddish purple but the other couple lowest have regular green stems. New growth at the lowest part of the plant are small light green and wrinkled. I've read in my growers book about how nutrient issues look like on the leafs but can't figure out what it could be. I am a first time grower after all so I need your help! :confused_2:

Attached Files:

2. Hey guys I need your help! I see that 58 people have viewed my question but no replys?..,So I.think it might be a nutrient deficiency maybe N, Mg, Mn or zinc.
    Can I have nute lock-out at 5.8-5.9? Should I flush the plant? Or up the Ph?PLEASE HELP ME IM STUMPED

3. Soil ph should be between 6.3 - 6.8 so you're a little low. It looks like a cal/mag def to me, did you add dolomitic lime to your soil mix? If not you can top dress with it and I would mix some Epsom salt in with your next water and see if that helps.

4. Sorry stupid phone double post

5. Do this! looks like you got a toxicity of potassium(?), too.. That's pretty rare to get, but if you've been floating around 5.8 for awhile... well.

6. Yeah I never thought of potassium tox but with that low a ph consistently it def could be. Ph is a major factor in this game, many a good grow has been lost to ph issues

7. Reality calcium and magnesium? I have some Ph up but I wonder how much to add to my water for a 5 gallon pail to bring it up to about 6.3?.Can I use regular Epsom salts?or are they cheap enough at the hydro shops? Guess I should buy some dolomite lime and what can I do for a potassium toxicity?Thanks for all your help guys!:) But no I've never added dolomite lime....

8. Also I have read you can do a foliar spray with Epsom salts to magnesium deficiency -what do you think?

9. Yes you can and just Epsom salts from anywhere is fine (Walmart had it cheap for like a 4kg jug). A proper ph range should take care of anything else right now, you probably have an abundance just from the plant not being able to absorb because of the ph level.

Attached Files:

10. Oh and dolomitic lime is good for adding calcium and giving a ph buffer.

11. What will take care of potassium toxicity? Do I have to do a flush? I'm growing in Schultz plus potting soil with slow release nutes and growing the mother in it for 4 & a half months.When I Leach the soil will it flush excess nutes and plant wastes?

12. No don't flush soil with timed release nutes. Just bring the ph up into the proper range and watch what they do